Sponsored

Do accessories add value to F150 resale value?

bulger81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Truck] 2021 f150 xlt, Fx4 crew cab 3.5
Current add ons] line x premium, decked storage system, leer 350 trifold cover, carhartt precision fit seat covers, carhartt dash cover, amp research rear step, console safe, Oem splash guards.
i think if I did resell the truck the seat covers and dash cover would not add value, but current kbb value is about 55k to 59k stock with almost 5k miles… hard to believe the market today. It’s insane what people r paying. i think I could better in the private market, but after spending a few grand to customize my truck, im curious if u would sell the accessories if i did decide to sell or trade it in. this is my first truck so I’m curious if any loss $ if they added or customized their truck in a certain way. I’m done for now but maybe Katzkin leather when costs go back to normal.
Sponsored

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
It may add value to a buyer who wants those items in that truck. It adds 0 value to someone who wants your truck without those accessories. The problem is that there's probably a lot fewer buyers who care about your accessories than ones who don't. For example...your bed liner to me adds value. Your Leer isn't what I'd put on my truck for a Tonneau. And I don't care at all for the seat and dash covers, steps, safe, or the splash guards.

Personally I would take out what you can and sell them separately, then sell the truck as close to stock as you can make it.

OP
OP

bulger81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
It may add value to a buyer who wants those items in that truck. It adds 0 value to someone who wants your truck without those accessories. The problem is that there's probably a lot fewer buyers who care about your accessories than ones who don't. For example...your bed liner to me adds value. Your Leer isn't what I'd put on my truck for a Tonneau. And I don't care at all for the seat and dash covers, steps, safe, or the splash guards.

Personally I would take out what you can and sell them separately, then sell the truck as close to stock as you can make it.
That’s fair,to each his own. the leer was my choice only bc it sat on top. The decked system takes up 12in of height, so picked the leer to maximize space. im keeping my truck for awhile, the seat covers r only there bc I have a dog, who has nails so I’m protecting my seats, but I may get another tonneau cover if something better comes up.

Last edited:

TheObiJuan

First Name
TheObiJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 F-150 Tremor 402A
Not for trade in. I traded in my Lariat Powerboost FX4 and the auto deploying running boards, rubber mats and tri fold cover added no value. After the trade in I asked them to transfer those accessories to my Tremor.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Definitely not going to help trade-in in 95% of cases. The only things that might be beneficial would be a tonneau and bed liner, since those are almost universal things that people want these days, but even at that, everyone wants a different type of tonneau cover and many disagree on spray-in vs. drop-in liners.

Sponsored

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 4x4, Lariat 501A pk. 5.0 V-8, Max Tow.
Check your NADA blue book price. You may have to do a 2020. But yes you will get some value for some after market add ons.

RCR001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Just traded one 21 ecoboost for a 21 powerboost, dealer suggested i take off mud flaps, tonneau cover, floor mats and anything else i can unbolt that i added, No Value for the Auction house it ends up at!

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
For daily driven trucks, most accessories will not add any value and in many cases they will diminish value. I had to order a new truck because I couldn't find anything used but every once in a while I would see something and get excited until I saw all the aftermarket junk that was added to the truck. I like my vehicles as close to OEM as possible and if I were to do anything to the suspension or drivetrain, I would want to do it myself.

In cities, there's a healthy enough used market for selling truck accessories that you can get some of your money back and for things like swing out toolboxes, decked storage systems or cross bed toolboxes, I see them for sale used in the various online marketplaces between 50%-100% of new MSRP.

Seat covers add value if they are preventing damage to the seats! Just make sure to remove them and take pictures of the seats and dash with the covers removed if selling private party, since they're used just as often to conceal damage as preventing it.

OP
OP

bulger81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
For daily driven trucks, most accessories will not add any value and in many cases they will diminish value. I had to order a new truck because I couldn't find anything used but every once in a while I would see something and get excited until I saw all the aftermarket junk that was added to the truck. I like my vehicles as close to OEM as possible and if I were to do anything to the suspension or drivetrain, I would want to do it myself.

In cities, there's a healthy enough used market for selling truck accessories that you can get some of your money back and for things like swing out toolboxes, decked storage systems or cross bed toolboxes, I see them for sale used in the various online marketplaces between 50%-100% of new MSRP.

Seat covers add value if they are preventing damage to the seats! Just make sure to remove them and take pictures of the seats and dash with the covers removed if selling private party, since they're used just as often to conceal damage as preventing it.
I have 7 yr exterior/interior warranty so I’m covered in case things get damaged. If I ever did trade in I’d sell the accessories, I still got free Ford floor mats that came with it. I put in some WeatherTech floor liners And keeping other ones if I sell it or trade. I think most yrs selling private is the way to go, but it’s a strange yr where dealers r paying such crazy prices. Seat covers r like mattress covers, it’s good for one person and that’s about it. i think the Ford console safe would be left on no matter what, if u take the safe out, the screw holes may be tiny or hidden but could cause more damage taking it out. the safe is a nice feature that is nice if u carry weapons.
with all the new trucks being sold at inflated prices, I couldn’t imagine selling my truck unless I got a crazy price. I was going to get a 22 tundra but ill hold off til I see the tundra in person and maybe if they fix the whale shark front end and add tow hooks, I may consider a tundra down the road. i like to see a limited trd white with a tan interior, but right now Ford F-150 looks way better and has better options, I like to see if Ford could try coils or air suspension to improve the ride quality.

OP
OP

bulger81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
thanks for the input everyone. It’s an interesting time to buy trucks, Im not ready to pay sticker. maybe in 2023 things will return to normalish…whatever that means in these crazy times.

Jackal

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired

Agreed ?
Sponsored