Ditch lights installed

Facemelter

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Space White 3.5 S-crew. 89 Mustang Notch
Was looking around and comparing brackets for quite some time,maybe way to long.
Finally decided on SDHQ brackets.

Than moved onto which lights and what color. I found amber is the go to for seeing through inclimate weather and always found my way back to Baja Design lights.
Finally got a package together with 4x4truckled's and got a order in.

Install went smoothly. The brackets are absolutely beefy and don't vibrate at all. The packaging from SDHQ is impressive to say the least.
The Baja Design XL sports put out some lumens. I didn't want to go to bright as I was worried about the light reflection on a Space White hood.

I tow my boat a lot at night and very early mornings. Being able to see in crap weather is important. These lights do just that.

I have them on a Rough Country light controller in a 3d printed prototype holder I threw together from a piece I found on thingyverse.

All in all, I love the lights. And the controller sits just in front of the shifter which makes it quick to turn the lights on/off in case of other drivers on the road.
Ford F-150 Ditch lights installed received_1010097993748029
Sponsored

Babbage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.5 XLT 302A FX4 PP2K 36GAL TOW
Occupation
Wild horse rider
Nice. can you post a picture of the switch? ( have them on a Rough Country light controller in a 3d printed prototype holder)

I was looking at rigid ditch lights myself - did you get spots or floods?

OP
OP

Facemelter

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The controller sits in the piece I designed in cad.
I used someone's design for the piece that goes in the shifter recess and modified it to accept the controller piece.

Still under design at the moment. Lol

I got the combo light. Spots up top with flood at the bottom.

Edited to add.

I am not even close to a design guy or CAD user. I just mess with it on things like this.
Ford F-150 Ditch lights installed 20231017_110419

Ford F-150 Ditch lights installed 20231017_110447

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Facemelter

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Interesting location choice for mounting, do you not have the fold out work surface? I love the insta-table.

Waiting for someone to replace the sunglasses holder with a flush-mount solution for such things.

OP
OP

Facemelter

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Interesting location choice for mounting, do you not have the fold out work surface? I love the insta-table.

Waiting for someone to replace the sunglasses holder with a flush-mount solution for such things.
Nope. Didn't want the work surface either. And it's just sitting in there. If I want to fold the shifter I can just pick it up and move it.
Swarfworks makes the sunglass holder, and I ordered one, but never received it so I canceled and had Venmo get my money back. I'd love to spend some time and design one, but that might be out of my relm of what I can do with cad.

Tenchi

First Name
Tenchi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Sport/FX4 PB F150
No Pano roof. I looked at that idea, which might work in my buddies lariat.

I'll get some night pics here soon.
I do not remember what the console (sunglasses holder, etc) looks like without the pano roof, but I wonder if you can embed neodymium magnets in the print and a metal plate.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Facemelter

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I do not remember what the console (sunglasses holder, etc) looks like without the pano roof, but I wonder if you can embed neodymium magnets in the print and a metal plate.
I wonder if the Auxbeam bracket bolt pattern is the same as the Rough Country one.

Although having it where it is, is very convenient if having to switch them off quickly. I found that out when driving through some of the hilly regions in Cumberland trying to get to camp. I had it laid in the area next to the USB-C plugs in the bottom of the console.
Poor guy in the Honda probly couldn't see a damn thing for awhile.