Sponsored

Dealer can't solve parking brake issue after weeks...now what????

LJS1211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
I have a 2021 F150 4x4 Platinum with the 3.5L Ecoboost engine. I'm the second owner and purchased the truck used from a Chevy dealership close to me back in November. Had a few issues when I bought the truck that I knew needed to be addressed but not a big deal because I knew it was still under warranty. Took it to the local Ford dealership where we have my wife's explorer serviced. Dealership had my truck for a couple of weeks to address some of the warranty issues but they weren't able to address the bigger issues which were a couple of codes that kept popping up on the instrument cluster as well as the parking brake. Took it back so they could look into all of these and this is where my nightmare begins

Codes that kept popping up were the following:
  • Pre-Collison Alert - wanted me to select On or Off but wouldn't actually let me select and it would eventually go away when driving
  • Reverse Brake Assist Unavailable - this would pop up when the truck was in reverse and trying to back up
The biggest issue I have is when I would set the parking brake, the "Brake" indicator does not show up on the instrument cluster so you don't know if the brake is set or not. The dealership has had it for weeks now and so far they've replaced the ABS Module which fixed the Pre-Collision alert but not the brakes. Next up Ford has them replacing the Gateway Module to see if that fixes it. If not, they will go on to the next module until they figure out which one it might be.

Very frustrated because no one seems to know how to fix this and Ford is telling the dealership this is a unique problem they haven't seen yet which I find hard to believe. Not sure how much patience I should have with this especially since it takes a few days for them to get the part in and then a few more days to get the tech cleared up so he can actually work on it. At this rate, I could be without my truck for months.

Curious if anyone else has dealt with anything like this or have any suggestions on what I might be able to do.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have a 2021 F150 4x4 Platinum with the 3.5L Ecoboost engine. I'm the second owner and purchased the truck used from a Chevy dealership close to me back in November. Had a few issues when I bought the truck that I knew needed to be addressed but not a big deal because I knew it was still under warranty. Took it to the local Ford dealership where we have my wife's explorer serviced. Dealership had my truck for a couple of weeks to address some of the warranty issues but they weren't able to address the bigger issues which were a couple of codes that kept popping up on the instrument cluster as well as the parking brake. Took it back so they could look into all of these and this is where my nightmare begins

Codes that kept popping up were the following:
  • Pre-Collison Alert - wanted me to select On or Off but wouldn't actually let me select and it would eventually go away when driving
  • Reverse Brake Assist Unavailable - this would pop up when the truck was in reverse and trying to back up
The biggest issue I have is when I would set the parking brake, the "Brake" indicator does not show up on the instrument cluster so you don't know if the brake is set or not. The dealership has had it for weeks now and so far they've replaced the ABS Module which fixed the Pre-Collision alert but not the brakes. Next up Ford has them replacing the Gateway Module to see if that fixes it. If not, they will go on to the next module until they figure out which one it might be.

Very frustrated because no one seems to know how to fix this and Ford is telling the dealership this is a unique problem they haven't seen yet which I find hard to believe. Not sure how much patience I should have with this especially since it takes a few days for them to get the part in and then a few more days to get the tech cleared up so he can actually work on it. At this rate, I could be without my truck for months.

Curious if anyone else has dealt with anything like this or have any suggestions on what I might be able to do.
Hi there! I can look into your F-150’s concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your F-150’s VIN?