Sponsored

dash lights off / generator mode on?

petervenkman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat Powerboost
Hey hey, anyone find a way to turn the interior dash lights off while generator mode is on? I need to run a dometic fridge overnight, but dont want the lights in the cab drawing attention.
Sponsored

tmdaley

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 HEV Lariat
On my '21 hybrid Lariat, there is a switch to turn off the 12" center screen, and the drivers display can be lowered in brightness. Sorry I don't have photos. But the truck still turns on/off periodically which will draw unwanted attention. FYI, I also have a domestic fridge which is intermittent on propane, but I have not left the truck on all night yet.

OP
OP
petervenkman

petervenkman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat Powerboost
thanks. yeah I turn the entertainment screen off occasionally, but that driver display is always on. I was going to build a big bulky battery bank solar generator for the house. maybe I need to build a little 1000w one as well and let the dometic run off that over night.

im new the dometic world. just bought the dual zone cfx3 75. you can run it off propane?

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
thanks. yeah I turn the entertainment screen off occasionally, but that driver display is always on. I was going to build a big bulky battery bank solar generator for the house. maybe I need to build a little 1000w one as well and let the dometic run off that over night.

im new the dometic world. just bought the dual zone cfx3 75. you can run it off propane?
Nothing I know of. But a guy here, and on Youtube, made a cardboard cutout (but he used a nicer material) to make a blanking plate for the dash. I'll be making one, myself.

Sponsored