Clicking Noise clicking noise when I walk close to my PowerBoost F-150

Thebear

First Name
Kodiak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT Sport (Hybrid 3.5L)
For the life of me I can’t figure out the clicking noise that my Powerboost makes when I walk close to it. It sounds like doors unlocking, but it’s not that because I have to still unlock the doors by touching the handle. Anyone else hear this clicking noise?
Sponsored

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
My truck and my wife’s Explorer does all the same stuff, all sorts of relays clicking on and off. My wife’s car sounds like it’s got motors running, all sorts of stuff. They have the approach detectors for zone lighting to come on, god knows what else. It’s weird but normal.

Smithpw1

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 Lead Foot
I know mine has the welcome lighting feature and it makes clicking sounds. But that’s with the key in my pocket, it does make a click sometimes when I just walk near it sometimes, even without the key.

Chewza

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 AMB Plat PB
Can confirm it's not just you. It does it to me too. To the point I took my keys out of my pocket while working in the driveway.

Not sure what it is, at firstI thought it was the running boards but noticed they didn't deploy until I got closer. So it seems there's levels to the proximity detectors on the vehicle.

Not terribly worried about it to be honest.

eduardolalo11

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Occupation
Banker
Mine has it too 22 lariat sport :/ any update on why it does that?

Sponsored

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
Mine has it too 22 lariat sport :/ any update on why it does that?
You’re getting close with the proximity key. Once the truck detects the key nearby, it energizes several systems to get ready to start. You’re hearing relays and such click on

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
oh yeah, clicks and whirls, and all kinds of sounds... it is just prepping for light speed.... my falcon does the same thing. Still can't believe Han was willing to sell it to me.

Ford F-150 Clicking Noise clicking noise when I walk close to my PowerBoost F-150 1641818087614

Standard Duty

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Ecoboost Maxtow
Occupation
Mechanic
You’re getting close with the proximity key. Once the truck detects the key nearby, it energizes several systems to get ready to start. You’re hearing relays and such click on
My 2022 XLT does it without the key anywhere nearby. If the key is in my pocket, the lights will come on along with the clicking. This thing is like an expectant little puppy... "RIDE?"
Sponsored