Sponsored

Can I fit 34.37" OD Tires on stock wheels on my '21 PB with no modifications? If not, what mods are needed? thx

Suns_PSD

First Name
The Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 4x4 Limited
Occupation
Sales
Hey guys/ gals, '21 Limited here and I've decided to keep her for a few years.

This thing has the stock 22" wheels which really limits tire choices but I think I've found a tire that I'm pretty stoked on but I can't get a clar answer if it'll clear this truck, completely stock.

The tires I'm going with on the stock wheels are Nitto Recon Grapplers 285/ 55 R22 (on edit, or possibly the Falken Wild Peak). They are 11.69" wide & the OD is 34.37".

I'm not a real off-roader but am a dedicated Mall Crawler! Really, I just do some snowy fields, boat ramps etc., that said I would not want to totally lose functionality and would want to feel comfortable doing mild off-road work if the apocalypse does in fact arrive.

Next question: Assuming a leveling kit of some sort is required (I suspect this is the case) what would you guys recommend to purchase? I'm not opposed to some more expensive coil over kit, but this truck rides so well I'd hate to ruin that quality. Any advise on this topic is appreciated?

Also, is leveling kit pretty easy to self-install? Just dangle the truck, drop a strut, and install a spacer in there? Is that it? Does it need an alignment afterwards?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

mtnryder56

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 SC FX4 PAB Rapid Red
With a leveling kit those will fit. I had 34.6” AT3’s on my ‘18. Tire shop can install the puck lift kit cheap. If your shocks are close to needing replacement then just go ahead with the Fox 2.0’s or Bilstein 6112’s.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Yes, great choice of tires!
That's close to the height I have, and I'd level. Even if you did a simple pluck, gain the clearance you need.
I do have a Readylift 2" puck for 21-up for sale in For Sale section. Worked on my 2021, just ended up doing full coilovers.

OP
OP

Suns_PSD

First Name
The Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 4x4 Limited
Occupation
Sales
Are all leveling kits the same pretty much or do I need to look for certain features or a certain height.

I might be the only guy that prefers a bit of rake. Maybe not as much as stock, but I don't want it any higher than required to clear safely.

mtnryder56

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 SC FX4 PAB Rapid Red
If you have the max tow package and want a little rake 2” puck is just right. W/o max tow 1.5” would be good. All the pucks are basically the same. Yes, alignment is needed.

You can measure from the top of your wheel well to the ground on front and back, then subtract to see what your current rake is.

Sponsored

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
Are all leveling kits the same pretty much or do I need to look for certain features or a certain height.

I might be the only guy that prefers a bit of rake. Maybe not as much as stock, but I don't want it any higher than required to clear safely.
I have 33.5” tires and did 2” up front and 1” taller block in the back.

I have 1.5” of rake and think I like a bit more

So considering going to 1.5” motofab. I like rake too but you’ll have a much taller tire

Last edited:

TXGREEK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 FX4 Lariat
Hey guys/ gals, '21 Limited here and I've decided to keep her for a few years.

This thing has the stock 22" wheels which really limits tire choices but I think I've found a tire that I'm pretty stoked on but I can't get a clar answer if it'll clear this truck, completely stock.

The tires I'm going with on the stock wheels are Nitto Recon Grapplers 285/ 55 R22 (on edit, or possibly the Falken Wild Peak). They are 11.69" wide & the OD is 34.37".

I'm not a real off-roader but am a dedicated Mall Crawler! Really, I just do some snowy fields, boat ramps etc., that said I would not want to totally lose functionality and would want to feel comfortable doing mild off-road work if the apocalypse does in fact arrive.

Next question: Assuming a leveling kit of some sort is required (I suspect this is the case) what would you guys recommend to purchase? I'm not opposed to some more expensive coil over kit, but this truck rides so well I'd hate to ruin that quality. Any advise on this topic is appreciated?

Also, is leveling kit pretty easy to self-install? Just dangle the truck, drop a strut, and install a spacer in there? Is that it? Does it need an alignment afterwards?

Thanks!
Ford F-150 Can I fit 34.37" OD Tires on stock wheels on my '21 PB with no modifications? If not, what mods are needed? thx 1699974465049
2” front Fox Coil Overs allows me to run Toyo AT3’ 285/65/20’s Approx 34.5”. I also replaced the rear 1.25” block with a 2” as I like a little rake

Last edited:
OP
OP

Suns_PSD

First Name
The Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 4x4 Limited
Occupation
Sales
I ended up just ordering 2.5" spacers from Stage 3 Motorsports.

The Sales Consultant was a true professional and very knowledgeable.

He started with 'do you like how your truck rides now?' to which I answered, 'very much'. He said 'okay, the aftermarket strut options all ride stiffer, in some cases, a lot stiffer and I think you'd be better served by a spacer block and they work fine in 2.5".

The 2" lifts on F150s appear a bit tight around the larger tires for my tastes and in a PB I'm not certain you guys are getting a full 2".

I'll get OEM ride quality, and as a bonus, they darn near cost nothing. He could have tried to upsell me, but he didn't (shout out to Frank). Well, he did upsell me on the $15 powder coated option!

If my truck was a high mileage unit or I truly drove off-road (dedicated Mall Crawler here!) then a full strut replacement would have made great sense.

The Sales consultant also pointed out that the E rated tires I'm going to end up with are going to make the truck ride rougher all on their own, so adding more on top of that might not be preferable.

I unfortunately bought the wrong size tires not but 10 months ago and they have probably 2 years of tread left so I'll go a bit longer before swapping to a larger tire.

The plan is to: 1) install the front 2.5" blocks at my convenience; 2) install a camper shell that's on order that might sink the rear end of the truck down a bit, 3) measure/ look at the rake then make a decision on the size rear blocks that I want to go with as I do like a bit of rake, 4) wait for a sale or desperation then buy the larger tires I actually want!

Thanks for the input guys.

PS. Have to say I did go a local 4 Wheel Parts earlier today, nice guys but a bit confused on several relevant topics.

OP
OP

Suns_PSD

First Name
The Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 4x4 Limited
Occupation
Sales
1699974465049.jpeg
2” front Fox Coil Overs allows me to run Toyo AT3’ 285/65/20’s Approx 34.5”. I also replaced the rear 1.25” block with a 2” as I like a little rake
This was helpful, thanks for posting.

I wanted just a bit more tire to fender gap, as I take Mall Crawling and potholes, very seriously. ;)

Sort of going off of yours I settled on a 2.5" blocks up front, 2" blocks in the rear (so net .75" gain), and my Recons will be just a hair smaller than yours. So .5" less rake.

Will update with photos soon.

Thanks again.

TXGREEK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 FX4 Lariat
Ummm, I wouldn’t recommend over stressing your front end components with a 2.5” as I’ve had a puck in the front on another truck and rode like poop so once I started using coil overs I never looked back. In addition, not sure if you’re aware but make sure your new rear shocks you’re using can handle 1-2” rear lift as stock will not and will affect ride quality not allowing enough shock travel

Sponsored

TXGREEK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 FX4 Lariat
As for rear shocks, I’d highly recommend adjustable shocks as adjustability is awesome to have if you’ve got simple load in the bed. My truck in the beginning started Seesawing until I added the adjustable Fox in the rear as I stiffen them up a couple clicks each once I’ve got a few hundred pounds in the bed and rides awesome

OP
OP

Suns_PSD

First Name
The Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 4x4 Limited
Occupation
Sales
I did consider all of these issues but in the end took the advice of the Stage3 guys.

In short, I assured them that I was fine buying the full coil overs if that was what I needed and they told me that the 2.5" offset spacers they use are comfortably within the geometry of the OEM parts on this truck. They correct some of the geo issue by offsetting the spacer that some of the brands can't accomplish.

Regarding the rear, same thing really. I told them I was fine buying new rear shocks but they said it was up to me because at .75" of increased block, longer shocks aren't needed. They did say that they felt there was considerable ride improvement to be had by upgrading the shocks, even on a stock truck, but I'll wait till they are more worn out before replacing.

She's a Pavement Princess after-all, not like I'm dangling wheels on the regular.

Also, have settled on going with Falken Wild Peak tires after reading some reviews. The thing is that the new model, the AT4W is being released in the sizing I need over the next 4-6 weeks, so I'm going to wait for those. There will be both a 285/ 55 R22 as well as a 35 x 12.5 R22, so it'll be between one of those 2 sizes.

TXGREEK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 FX4 Lariat
I’m sorry, I don’t agree. Go visit your local Ford Dealership and ask their suspension techs what you were told by Stsge 3. Stage 3 sales great name brand products but most people know that 2” is max leveling without destroying your ball joints as your CV angles will suffer. My Ford Service manager which came from SVT Ford told me that 2” is fine but anything else will void any warranty work being done to the suspension due to over articulating those CV Joints. Pucks are the cheapest as well as most money made for retailers and only when you replace them with coil overs will you only then see a substantial difference in ride quality. As for the rear, do your research as stock shocks are engineered only for stock geometry which is why I switched once I switched the block. Good luck and God Bless.