Sponsored

Bed camera feature gone after update (while driving)!

rayray3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
There seems to be confusion on having this feature where you could use/see your bed camera while driving.

I started a post in below link in the issues/repairs department about my "12 inch screen crapping out and wanted to get this out there as a feature you may or may not have.
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/12-screen-out-indefinite-wait-for-new-module-update.6921/

Now that I got my truck back with the new software/module installed, this feature no longer works. I used to be able to drive and have it on smaller right side of the split screen or put it on the left part of the bigger screen. Awesome feature!

Now on the right side of the screen, you can scroll with the bottom arrows to get the bed camera screen but its just blank with only the words "Bed camera" at the top.

I can't access it in park either. Only way to view it as a stand alone is when im in reverse and then you hit the top button to expand camera views and then you can click to see the bed view.

I took it back to the dealer to have them look at it. They called the next day and said that its not suppose to work and said it would be a safety issue driving while looking at the screen.

Can anyone shed light/confirm the above with their experiences? Sounds like some of us have it and some don't.
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I would like to look at your trucks info. Can you send me the vin so I can see what they did or didn’t do

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5EB SCREW 157"
There seems to be confusion on having this feature where you could use/see your bed camera while driving.

I started a post in below link in the issues/repairs department about my "12 inch screen crapping out and wanted to get this out there as a feature you may or may not have.
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/12-screen-out-indefinite-wait-for-new-module-update.6921/

Now that I got my truck back with the new software/module installed, this feature no longer works. I used to be able to drive and have it on smaller right side of the split screen or put it on the left part of the bigger screen. Awesome feature!

Now on the right side of the screen, you can scroll with the bottom arrows to get the bed camera screen but its just blank with only the words "Bed camera" at the top.

I can't access it in park either. Only way to view it as a stand alone is when im in reverse and then you hit the top button to expand camera views and then you can click to see the bed view.

I took it back to the dealer to have them look at it. They called the next day and said that its not suppose to work and said it would be a safety issue driving while looking at the screen.

Can anyone shed light/confirm the above with their experiences? Sounds like some of us have it and some don't.
BS. My 21 F250 with camera in center high mount brake light worked while in motion. It would automatically shut off after a few seconds.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
21 F150 Job 2 trucks did have full cams in motion. So do 22 superduty

ArmySooner405

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor

Ford F-150 Bed camera feature gone after update (while driving)! 8D95A676-F144-435D-AA86-6A9A22E060B8
My rear will stay on forever until I shut it off, but haven’t tried the bed cam. I’ll check tomorrow and see.

Sponsored

EatDirtFartDust

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Ford service manager
My job 2 truck has been able to show the bed camera in full screen or side screen indefinitely. I’ve been worried about a software update making it quit working and you’ve made me realize my fears are rational.
I’m gonna turn off auto updates.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat

Which module did they replace? APIM or Sync? Sounds like they didn't program something correctly. Or whichever one they replaced could have an older version of software. Did you notice if your sync version changed after they replaced whatever? If it's just a setting they have wrong, Jesse will figure that out with your VIN.

Anyway, the dealer is WRONG! But not surprised.

Last edited:

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
My job 2 truck has been able to show the bed camera in full screen or side screen indefinitely. I’ve been worried about a software update making it quit working and you’ve made me realize my fears are rational.
I’m gonna turn off auto updates.
Wouldn't that be some crap if they took it away. Maybe it got enabled accidently on Job 2 trucks and they are now fixing it.

OP
OP
rayray3

rayray3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Which module did they replace? APIM or Sync? Sounds like they didn't program something correctly. Or whichever one they replaced could have an older version of software. Did you notice if your sync version changed after they replaced whatever? If it's just a setting they have wrong, Jesse will figure that out with your VIN.

Anyway, the dealer is WRONG! But not surprised.
I think there are a little changes with the screen from previous. Hard to remember after a few months not having it. Reading dealer's notes are:
Ford F-150 Bed camera feature gone after update (while driving)! tempImageNyhkAY

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Ok, Ill pull it and take a look. Looks like from the service order they replaced your APIM and most likeyl didnt do a PMI to bring it up to date, Ill look and let you know

EatDirtFartDust

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Ford service manager
Your bed cam should as well. Mine does.

What I'd like for the bed cam is a little better picture quality.
Yeah, the quality of that camera sucks. Can’t see anything at night and still grainy during the day.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Grrr.....all my cameras turn off once I speed up to 9 or 10 MPH. WTF.
I would love to have unlimited access my bed camera (heck ALL) at higher speeds.
Job 1 can have some access with update and Forscan changes
Sponsored