First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Took my truck camping for a week and as on video posted earlier, we hit the beach. Truck was never pushed or anything, especially not in 4H. Spent a total of maybe 5 min actually driving. Truck didn’t even need the undercarriage washed from sand. I went back into 2H without issue. Now, 2 days later, it threw a fault on the 4WD/ AWD system. 4A and the others work just fine and engage. Truck never made any noises or smells or anything. Anyone else had this happen?

Ford F-150 AWD/4WD System Fault FF88D2E0-C32C-4107-B912-31E2301FFCD4
Sponsored

DanS

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I've had a similar powertain fault pretty much since I purchased mine in early January. It has been to the dealer 3 times previously with no solid solution. It's currently there again and they are replacing the shifter lever gear....not sure this is the solution but cN keep you posted. FYI this error comes up about once every 2-3 days. Am not switching from 2WD to 4WD....it just happens. Only thing I notice when this occurs is the lights that indicate what gear you're in on the console do not light up.

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
I've had a similar powertain fault pretty much since I purchased mine in early January. It has been to the dealer 3 times previously with no solid solution. It's currently there again and they are replacing the shifter lever gear....not sure this is the solution but cN keep you posted. FYI this error comes up about once every 2-3 days. Am not switching from 2WD to 4WD....it just happens. Only thing I notice when this occurs is the lights that indicate what gear you're in on the console do not light up.
does it give you the exact same fault? That’s it’s specifically for the 4WD/AWD system? Or just power train in general? Hopefully they fix yours soon!

WestlakeHorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 (on order)
Resurrecting this thread. Anyone get the problem resolved? We have a ‘22 Platinum that gave my wife this error code on her current trip.
Sponsored