Sponsored

Auto start/stop when placing an F150 order

Devilsfan312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Nissan Rogue
Hi everyone, new member here. I know that most trucks in dealer stock have auto start/stop deleted. I was wondering if you place an order for a 2022 truck, will there be an option to have it included? I know it’s not a popular feature but I would like to have is as I commute in a lot of stop and go traffic in LA so I’ll take any fuel savings I can get.
Sponsored

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I placed my order last week. 5.0. Auto s/s was deleted by default.
And a $50 credit applied.

I was happy and would have been happy with no credit or paying to have it removed.

jasonmi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Powerboost
What engine are you getting? If you're getting the Hybrid it will be included, if not there is a good chance it will not be scheduled until more chips are available. Being in California, driving in stop and go traffic along with ~$5 gas the hybrid is the best option. Bonus is you can get the larger 7.2KW generator which will add to resale as finding portable generators in future years in CA is going to be difficult with coming regulations.

Sponsored

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I ordered a hybrid, and the dealer included the option to remove the auto start/stop without me asking for it. (Note that even with the start/stop delete included, the hybrid still functions--I test drove a few that had that feature included to verify.)

I didn't ask, but I assume that you could have the dealer not include the start/stop delete option...it just might delay delivery of the truck that much further out.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
I ordered a hybrid, and the dealer included the option to remove the auto start/stop without me asking for it. (Note that even with the start/stop delete included, the hybrid still functions--I test drove a few that had that feature included to verify.)

I didn't ask, but I assume that you could have the dealer not include the start/stop delete option...it just might delay delivery of the truck that much further out.
For me, last year, my dealer asked if I was ok to delete start/stop option to speed up the delivery. I happily accepted.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Downtown LA, they also have bulletproof glass incase you ever drive down 11th street LOL

Spanky62

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lariat
Occupation
Sales Manager
Hate auto start/stop and was thrilled to see it deleted on my 2022 F150 Lariat. Every time I drive my wife's Navigator I have to turn the damn thing off.

HSV_MIkeJ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.music-by-mike.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, SC Rapid Red
Occupation
DJ

Sponsored

AAWhyte

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
PM

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales

9663mu

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iconic F150
My special ordered 22 has it. I also live in LA. Around Town certain lights I’m very Milyer with very long so I definitely let it turn off. Zero issues with pressing the button when I don’t want it on.
Sponsored