I think my Auto start stop is not functioning

TeamCanada

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
After my 2.62 OTA update, my truck's auto start has stopped working completely. I have a commune that has about 3 lights that take 2 to 3 minutes to change and I liked to see my truck shut off while waiting. Saved me about 30-40 minutes of idling a week in gas.
Sponsored

JayceeP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Well- I went on a 3,800km road trip last week. After the first 1,000km/600mi and I started doing some city driving, the auto stop worked like clock work once again. So based on comments above, it sounds like the charge is back and has worked every time you’d expect it to since then. Sounds like lots of short trips with AC, radio, etc impair auto-stop over time from a battery perspective. I’ve owned the truck since Aug 2021 and it only started happening recently. Makes sense.

Mauimaikai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 2.7 F-150 XLT 302a 4x4 SuperCrew
As others mentioned, certain conditions must be met, every one of us with issues is having a battery charge issue but our batteries are 100 perfectly fine according to Ford. I mentioned it before, I have had to replace my own battery in every brand-new Ford I've owned (within 2 years) since 2013. Took mine in, they charged my battery and now it's working again. Unfortunately, I can no longer walk into Sears and pick up a Diehard

oncechance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, 302A, FX4, 3.5 EB, 6.5', Max Tow
As others mentioned, certain conditions must be met, every one of us with issues is having a battery charge issue but our batteries are 100 perfectly fine according to Ford. I mentioned it before, I have had to replace my own battery in every brand-new Ford I've owned (within 2 years) since 2013. Took mine in, they charged my battery and now it's working again. Unfortunately, I can no longer walk into Sears and pick up a Diehard
No, but you can pick one up at Advance Auto Parts.
Sponsored