Sponsored

APIM replacement issues with Forscan

cbakken001

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Raptor (sold my 2013 Raptor in 2022)
Occupation
CPA
Hello: I worked with Rugedraw on this a bit yesterday and today but he’s headed on a cruise so he suggested I post this here. My 22 raptor has been at the dealer 3 weeks and they are telling me it’s having issues taking the new APIM software (sorry if I’m a bit ignorant in my description here) because of the Forscan updates I did, which I did all of 4 - eliminate double honk, turn off fasten seatbelt warning and change screen to unreal theme and add HVAC controls to bottom of screen. Didn’t seem like much but should this affect the APIM replacement and they can’t figure it out with continued calls to Ford Techline and wondered what other input anyone might have. I’ve tried researching this and found rugedraw had some information and now I’m posting here to see what else I can find out.

Rugedraw looked this up and found that the modem is not activated and the unreal theme is likely causing the screen to be blank. I was going to go over to the dealer with my computer that has forscan on it and reload the unreal theme. I can provide the VIN in a PM to anyone willing to help out.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

pelon222

First Name
Lupe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB
Occupation
Engineering
I would go and try to load your backup if you have one

mkinttrim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 4x4 501a
Occupation
retired
I've gone through 3 APIMs and still not one update although dealer says its up to date. I'm gonna rent the Mongoose from Rugedraw and do the FDRS

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
VIN

OP
OP

cbakken001

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Raptor (sold my 2013 Raptor in 2022)
Occupation
CPA
Thanks everyone. A bit of a dissertation here but for anyone looking to learn (not sure if it's learning what to do or what not to do) from what happened here. I went over to the dealer late Friday and after getting through some hurdles on the Forscan set up (had a new computer it was loaded on that needed drivers for both the program and the OBD II cord plus a massive windows 11 update), I was able to return/revert the set up to remove the unreal theme and Enabling Climate bar at bottom of the sync screen (or un-enable it). Reason being, after speaking with the Service Foreman, the updates after installing the APIM were hung up and according to Ford Engineers, this was signified by the fader balance control being off center and the "dot" on that screen being blue versus white when updates have been made via Forscan . Fortunately, I had record of a random picture I took during the original Forscan update that was effectively a back up. After figuring this out, the balance/fader but was centered and in white and the controls at the bottom of the sync screen were back too (the unreal them seemed to block these for whatever reason and from what I found, it was a bit difficult to navigate sync without access to those but maybe I never did the Forscan update quite right). Since it was late Friday, they won't be able to try the next APIM update until tomorrow so hopefully it works out. I will keep you posted but after it sitting at the dealer for 3.5 weeks, I'm anxious. to say the least, to get it back.

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I only did the unreal theme on my 21 XLT and other than the balance/fader being off center and blue, which I don't change, all is good.

Northguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT, 2010 F150 XLT
Thanks everyone. A bit of a dissertation here but for anyone looking to learn (not sure if it's learning what to do or what not to do) from what happened here. I went over to the dealer late Friday and after getting through some hurdles on the Forscan set up (had a new computer it was loaded on that needed drivers for both the program and the OBD II cord plus a massive windows 11 update), I was able to return/revert the set up to remove the unreal theme and Enabling Climate bar at bottom of the sync screen (or un-enable it). Reason being, after speaking with the Service Foreman, the updates after installing the APIM were hung up and according to Ford Engineers, this was signified by the fader balance control being off center and the "dot" on that screen being blue versus white when updates have been made via Forscan . Fortunately, I had record of a random picture I took during the original Forscan update that was effectively a back up. After figuring this out, the balance/fader but was centered and in white and the controls at the bottom of the sync screen were back too (the unreal them seemed to block these for whatever reason and from what I found, it was a bit difficult to navigate sync without access to those but maybe I never did the Forscan update quite right). Since it was late Friday, they won't be able to try the next APIM update until tomorrow so hopefully it works out. I will keep you posted but after it sitting at the dealer for 3.5 weeks, I'm anxious. to say the least, to get it back.
Thanks for sharing this. I have the unreal engine and climate bar turned on in my 22. I don't have any real issue though lately it gets occasionally hung up on the splash screen and I have to reset (power, fwd). Should I be concerned and be looking to turn unreal and climate bar off before running into issues? I have no issues navigating sync as have large settings square on screen above the climate bar.
Sponsored