First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
So is your white line average going crazy or is your blue bar moving around? The blue bar is instant fuel economy and should drop quite a bit while on the throttle. The white bar is average and unless you just reset it should be fairly stable
Reset it a few times. As usual, you get to see 99 mpg or whatever till it levels off. But blue bar, white line catches up doing down. For example: I'm usually at 24.3.... it will not drop or go up until I start driving. Most of the time it just hovers at that number. Marker line corresponds to the numerical value. The blue bar never dropped down to zero or in the area of 5-10 before. Just started. Mine was never instant the best I could recall and unlike my other truck, there is not an option for instant/average on the screen. Wish I can explain it better.
Sponsored

Markusvt

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
It is working as designed. The blue bar graph is instantaneous MPG from the ICE. The white bar on the blue bar graph is the average MPG, (same as the white digital average right above the graph). As always if you reset the MPG by holding the OK button, it will take some miles for the average to settle out.

You don't see an option for average and instantaneous as they are both displayed all the time on the same screen. ;)

Ford F-150 Anyone notice this in last couple days? 1634844864686

Last edited:
OP
OP
BHunted1

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
It is working as designed. The blue bar graph is instantaneous MPG from the ICE. The white bar on the blue bar graph is the average MPG, (same as the white digital average right above the graph). As always if you reset the MPG by holding the OK button, it will take some miles for the average to settle out.

You don't see an option for average and instantaneous as they are both displayed all the time on the same screen. ;)
Thanks….. then maybe it was fixed in an update. As long as it’s not a mechanical or computer issue, I’m ok with it. Made me nervous cause we’re leaving for the Smokies this weekend. Last thing I need is having an issue in the middle of no where.
:)

rvniner

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Edge, 2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost 4X4
Occupation
Aviation Maintenance Technician Instructor
On mine, the blue bar is the instantaneous MPG and the thin white line is the average. It also displays the average above the picture of the truck. I have never seen the blue bar display the average.
You are correct!

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
My instant mpg bar can drop seemingly randomly (can be sitting at 25-30ish doing 50mph on a flat road and then randomly sink to 15 on the same stretch). I believe it’s due to the engine charging the hybrid battery, therefore putting a higher load on the engine and requiring more fuel. This also comes with slightly increased engine vibration
my 5.0 XLT does the same.
I believe it is the cylinder deactivation doing this.

I can be going 40-50 and the bar reads over 25-30 and all of a sudden drops to 15. Maybe when it hits a tiny grade?
getting on the freeway, Solid 5 or less. Hovers around 15-18 at a steady 80mph
Sponsored