First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT guy
I installed my own Katzkins in my 2015 F150. It wasn't hard but it was tedious. The worst part that I remember was the little plastic clips that hold the covers to the foam. My fingertips were sore for a week after that. I'm wondering if anyone installed their own in a 2021/2022 and could share their experience.
Sponsored

H4ppyB34r

First Name
Borys
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 4x4 HDPP Max Tow 3.5LEcoBoost
Occupation
General Contractor
I had mine done a few weeks ago, took 2 guys about 4 hours. And they looked like they knew what they were doing.

The covers are super snug, and they had the seats out of the truck.

I'm a General contractor, pretty good with my hands, but it would have taken me the better part of the weekend, if not more, and there is a chance I could have messed it up, so no thanks.

I paid the pros

OP
OP

andy3213

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT guy
When I did my last truck, it took me about 10 hours in total. But I just did one seat at a time, I could cut that time down significantly if I did them all in one day. I was just looking to see if anyone had any experiences to share.

Autofill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I’ll be attempting this next week. YouTube university has some decent videos. It looks like the clips that attach the covers are different now. Seems like the older long plastic clip has been replaced with Velcro and some new push in connectors.

Sponsored

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I was going going to tackle this with the help of YouTube also. There are some great videos. But I’m honestly happy with cloth now that I’ve lived with it. I will do the diy katskin swap when the drivers side seat foam starts to go. Then I can replace it and make it new again!

Autofill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Anyone happen to have torque specs for the seat bolts?

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I’m pretty sure seat bolts are pen use only.

Autofill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I did go pick up new bolts to replace them with. Just looking for the torque specs.

OP
OP

andy3213

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT guy
Got it done. I did the front seats last Saturday and the back seats last night. In all, it took me about 6 hours. I bought the kit on eBay for $700 and it's probably the best upgrade you could do for that price.

Sponsored

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
For the katzkins - are these covers that go over existing or ones where you remove existing skin?

XLT22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a XLT
The eBay/Dealer installer Katzkins are the "mostly vinyl" version that are worse than factory IMO. You'll need to go through an authorized reseller or Katzkin themselves to get the premium leather versions. Expensive but well worth it.

OP
OP

andy3213

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT guy
The eBay/Dealer installer Katzkins are the "mostly vinyl" version that are worse than factory IMO. You'll need to go through an authorized reseller or Katzkin themselves to get the premium leather versions. Expensive but well worth it.
I've installed the eBay Katzkins in two of my own trucks at this point and I can tell you that they both looked great. My last truck had 115,000 miles on them and I had no issues at all. They held up really well. I can't say how they compare to factory leather, though.

XLT22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a XLT
The vinyl trimmed ones hold up okay depending on the application from what I’ve observed. The last gen had a stitch in the wrong place that would wear out and tear eventually from entry/exit. The biggest mistake people make is using leather cleaner and protectant on them. The seats are majority vinyl and what leather you do get is coated and only needs warm water and a rag otherwise you’ll slip like they’re made of Teflon.

The upgraded and especially full leather versions in any shade of brown are a spectacular product. Very few customers come through my current OEM willing to pay for that.
Sponsored