Sponsored

Any reviews for the "SoundSkins Ford F-150 2021+ Pre-Cut Sound Deadening Kit"?

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
It was included in a rather extensive audio build. It would be difficult to break out the cost for just the sound deadening materials and the labor involved because it was a portion of the overall Labor/materials of the entire build.
It took 4 days to strip the truck and install the whole system, which included a lot of things beyond the scope of just "sound deadening"

For example...

pico.jpg

bo5.jpg
Dang you ain't kidding that you did some extensive work to that truck. It must have some beauty of an offer to get you to part with it after the work put into it. :)
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Thanks.
Yea, it was my later in life bucket-list truck.
I had more in the suspension than I did in the interior. As well as being tuned to a very polished state, motor wise.
I towed my little toy hauler crisscrossing America for a few years. So honestly, I have plenty of cherished memories that truck afforded me. Too old to have regrets. I didn't see the Powerboost coming! Lol

If I had, I would have waited and built this 2022 KingRanch instead. :)

I'm admittedly a diehard F150 Ecoboost/Powerboost fan. It's been an amazing platform ever since Ford boldly, in my opinion, took the risk to build turbocharged gas trucks.

Ford F-150 Any reviews for the "SoundSkins Ford F-150 2021+ Pre-Cut Sound Deadening Kit"? 20180517_200703 (1)

Sorry for the derail, but I'll reiterate that truck was a rolling soundskinz anechoic chamber inside. :)

Last edited:

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
I towed my little toy hauler crisscrossing America for a few years. So honestly, I have plenty of cherished memories that truck afforded me. Too old to have regrets. I didn't see the Powerboost coming! Lol
Money can come and go but it is the memories that live on in someone's life. Make some new ones with that little "new" school girl you got there. Doing things with Papa in his PB will be memories for two. :)

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
this is timely
i just ordered a bunch of sound deadening things for my wifes edge
the high traction asphalt they are putting down on our roads is horribly loud
so we plan to do doors, rear deck under tire, and floor wheel wells at first to see how much it helps
my kr is pretty darn quiet, but i can see the advantage of doing the doors

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Compared to the 2020 Ranger, the F150 is whisper silent. The only sound mat I felt it needed was behind the speakers in the doors to eliminate sound reflection and improve the mid-bass response.

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Black Widow
I used the SoundSkins on my '21 F150 doors. I installed them shortly after they were released specifically for the '21 MY. Did it make a difference? Maybe. I can't say for sure because I never took measurements before and after. Fairly easy to install. It is a rubbery, gooey mess if you try to reposition it after you've pressed it to your door.
Sponsored