Am I missing something here? Might be a question or a rant IDK

Northern Goat

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Audi Etron. 2020 Explorer ST
Been going back and forth on a Platinum for a week with a dealer. This morning he says the truck has "landed" and sends me pics. Since they are 90 miles away I ask for a firm written quote before I drive out there. After 3 hours I get the quote and the truck has 1,600 kms on it and is listed as a demo. That was the first I heard of this being a demo. Now they are sticking to full MSRP, having bought 14 different cars over the last 12 years, I have never heard of MSRP for a Demo. WTF? Is this the new way of selling cars?
Sponsored

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
When I was looking around before I realized the deal I could get from the dealers on this forum, I looked at a demo lariat Powerboost. 1600 miles. The sales guy said there’d be a “nice discount since it’s a demo.” He let me test drive and when I came back he brings me the pricing sheet. It says “MSRP: 68,000 - Demo discount $250.” I laughed and walked out

Last edited:
OP
OP

Northern Goat

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Audi Etron. 2020 Explorer ST
Well good news. Just signed a deal With another dealer. New truck, got $500 more on trade in than dealer one offered plus a 2% discount. All without asking for anything. So I just signed and now we wait until end of Nov. dealer two says they will not take advantage of customers during these unusual times. Guess who I will use for all my future Ford purchases

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
It really does make a difference if you can have a history with a dealership AND they value that relationship.
It's rarer as time goes by. And sorely missed in a market like this one.

fooli-150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered F150 Lariat 501a PB 4x4 SuperCrew
I had a dealer outside of Atlanta try to sell me a demo lariat PB for 64k. Gave me the whole video tour and all. I asked to see the window sticker and MSRP was 61k. This was back in August. I now have a truck waiting for me at Granger with an sticker of 63.5, that with all incentives/a lucky PCO, look to be at around 54k before taxes etc.
Sponsored