Adaptive Cruise Stop-and-Go Auto-Resume vs Stopped

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Does anyone know what makes the truck decide whether to "Auto-Resume" certain times in traffic vs give you the 3 seconds of being stopped and require manually resuming? I can't figure out the rhyme or reason behind it at all.

Half the times I want it to crawl in traffic for me it'll just give me the "Stopped" message on the cluster and require me to keep hitting the gas or resume button once it's stopped for more than 3 seconds, but other times it says "Auto Resume" when it stops which means it's going to work correctly and resume like it should after being stopped for more than those 3 seconds.
Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Less than 3 seconds the auto-resume works for up to 30 seconds. So after the 30 seconds you have to click the button or press the pedal. Image below taken from manual.

In my head I was trying to figure out why they would do this. My thinking is because it probably can’t detect your hands on the wheel in stop and go traffic.

Ford F-150 Adaptive Cruise Stop-and-Go Auto-Resume vs Stopped 1628428019599

Last edited:
OP
OP

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
The “after following a vehicle to a complete stop” is the part I’m interested in I guess. That seems to be hit or miss, sometimes it works fine snd does auto-resume, other times it keeps doing the “stopped” thing which is very frustrating.

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
The “after following a vehicle to a complete stop” is the part I’m interested in I guess. That seems to be hit or miss, sometimes it works fine snd does auto-resume, other times it keeps doing the “stopped” thing which is very frustrating.
As earlier post said it should be based on your location - stop and go on city street vs freeway.

In my experience, if I am on a City street at say a stop light it is based on 3 seconds, and if it’s stop and go on a freeway it’s more like 30 seconds. My guess is the city is so that if you are say at a light and the person in front of you turns right on red you don’t just automatically drive straight through a red light (because there are no cars in front of you). On a freeway this time issue.

catfishkid1986

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1987 F150 Lariat, 2005 F150 XL, 2021 F150 PB Laria
Occupation
Material Handler
I have only recently started having this issue. Doesn't seem to matter the road. If I am stopped for more than 3 seconds, I have to hit resume or the pedal

Sponsored

catfishkid1986

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1987 F150 Lariat, 2005 F150 XL, 2021 F150 PB Laria
Occupation
Material Handler
After reading the image posted above. The auto resume only works while on limited access highways.havent been in stop and go on the interstate for a while now.

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
I just saw Auto Resume for the first time today. I thought I got an update. Not so after reading this. I was in stop and go interstate traffic.

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
I've driven a lot of different cars (rentals) from different manufacturers with A.S.S. and they all work that way.

Sometimes they shut down, sometimes they don't.
Sponsored