Adaptive cruise sensor damaged

lcrain

First Name
Lawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150, '95 911 c2, '97 miata, '98 M3/4/5
Someone backed into my truck, no note or anything. Barely any damage at all. But the sensor that controls adaptive cruise, pre collision assist and I’m sure other things was ever so slightly cracked.

I ordered a new sensor, took it in to be programmed and now the dealership is having a hard time getting it to work. Is the sensor programming adjustable?

The dealer thinks the bracket that holds the sensor is slightly bent. They also want to replace the plastic which I haven’t done yet. Would either of these items prevent proper programming? I am skeptical. What I thought would be a few hours is turning into a few days without a truck.

Ford F-150 Adaptive cruise sensor damaged 748FA710-BFAD-4B91-AD46-7EEF487AA526

Ford F-150 Adaptive cruise sensor damaged 47015C0C-434B-476A-8AB1-6D33A71598E6
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
IT has to be leveled. But other than that no. It is easy to calibrate. You just have to drive it until it says it is ready. The bracket could be bent but I doubt it sthat bad. the front face has to be leveled. Its in the workshop manual.

I just did one when I added adaptive cruiser to my truck. Just went through all of it myself. Took 15 mins to calibrate

They also need to PMI it.. Has to be PMI

OP
OP
lcrain

lcrain

First Name
Lawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150, '95 911 c2, '97 miata, '98 M3/4/5
IT has to be leveled. But other than that no. It is easy to calibrate. You just have to drive it until it says it is ready. The bracket could be bent but I doubt it sthat bad. the front face has to be leveled. Its in the workshop manual.

I just did one when I added adaptive cruiser to my truck. Just went through all of it myself. Took 15 mins to calibrate

They also need to PMI it.. Has to be PMI
Thanks. Just got a call that they are confident I will not need a new bracket and it should be good to go. They are testing it now. They are only going to charge me for two hours of labor which seems reasonable and out of character considering they have a "fair market adjustment" on every vehicle on their lot.
Sponsored