First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Platinum PowerBoost 4X4
Occupation
Retired custom picture framer & Apple Expert
Almost 36K trouble free miles on my Platinum PB, and I have a question that I've not been able to find an answer to. I have a regular weekly drive of about 50 miles, and I often will engage the adaptive cruise. There are a couple of places where the speed limit will drop from 50mph to 40, and even from 50 to 35. It's clear that the truck uses braking to slow down in these instances, and it sure does feel like it's a whole lot more braking than regen braking would provide. All that said, does the truck illuminate the brake lights? I'd sure hope it does for the benefit of the guy behind me. Thanks, folks.
Sponsored

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A Rapid Red SCrew PB FX4 MaxTow
I've not seen it, but I'm certain the lights come on. Ford isn't going to want to deal with lawsuits from folks getting rear ended because the brake lights don't come on.

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost | 2013 BMW M3 Comp
I believe the brake lights come on once a certain threshold of rate of deceleration is crossed.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
I've said it before, but this is one of the cool little things about my partner's Subaru. It lights up the brake lights of the little Outback in the dash when it's slowing with the brakes over a certain threshold.

@Ford Motor Company OTA that shizz!

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F250
Occupation
Self employed
Almost 36K trouble free miles on my Platinum PB, and I have a question that I've not been able to find an answer to. I have a regular weekly drive of about 50 miles, and I often will engage the adaptive cruise. There are a couple of places where the speed limit will drop from 50mph to 40, and even from 50 to 35. It's clear that the truck uses braking to slow down in these instances, and it sure does feel like it's a whole lot more braking than regen braking would provide. All that said, does the truck illuminate the brake lights? I'd sure hope it does for the benefit of the guy behind me. Thanks, folks.
Yes the brake light illuminate when the truck slows like that. I can see the reflection in my trailer when using the adaptive cruise and have been behind my wifes lightning while having a discussion about this on our phones. Lol

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
.... All that said, does the truck illuminate the brake lights?
Yes.

It's a federal requirement that brakes lights must activate whenever the road-brakes are activated whether by the operator or by any vehicle automated system.
Sponsored