Adaptive transmission reset?

Dmusick757

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 powerboost xl
Is there a way to reset it without the forscan. Will a simple battery disconnect do it?
Sponsored

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
A PowerBoost requires two batteries disconnect. There is a small Keep alive battery under the Pax rear seat. It keeps the memories alive when the main 12vdc battery is disconnected. So you have to disconnect it also.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Is there a way to reset it without the forscan. Will a simple battery disconnect do it?
Unfortunately, I don’t think so. The shop manual has a procedure for relearning the transmission adaptive tables but the first step requires clearing the old ones with a scan tool.
Ford F-150 Adaptive transmission reset? 6AA25E98-78B9-4DC8-A058-9F5B0C252063

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Ok how much is the forscan and what do I need to run it??
It depends on what you plan to do with it and what you want to run it on. If you just want quick and convenient, you just want to be able to read and clear DTCs and the adaptive tables, and you don’t plan to use it to make modifications to your modules, you can buy FORScan Lite for iOS on the App Store for about $6. Then you’ll need a compatible ELM327 device like this one that costs about $140: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JFRFJG6?ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_ACXC7HC8F6GYVR6VRWKV

If you want to do more than the basics, FORScan for Windows is free for a two-month trial but you’ll need a laptop to run it. You’ll also need an interface. The cheapest one I know of that works with FORScan is the VX Nano for Ford/Mazda. It’s a J2534 device, but it works great with FORScan and is faster than a lot of ELM devices. $119 on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YDCRTSD?ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_NJBGPC0VFBVGG4TG6KYH

There are a lot of possibilities out there but I have used both of these combinations and know they work.

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F-150 Lariat | '22 Ford F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter Superintendent
Very simple to do with forscan. I do it often.
Apologies in advance to revive a few months old thread but does anyone know the correct and direct specific steps in FORScan they resets the Advance Transmission Learning reset? Friend of mine’s truck needs a reset.

Sonnie

First Name
Sonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
FFL Dealer
I am also curious of those steps for my 2023 that has a hard downshift from 10th to 9th. I have FORScan and would like to see if clearing it would help before having to leave it with a dealer for a week or longer.

SCTYDOG

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Escape Hybrid, 2015 CMax Hybrid, 2003 T-Bird
Occupation
Computer Forensic Examiner
I am also curious of those steps for my 2023 that has a hard downshift from 10th to 9th. I have FORScan and would like to see if clearing it would help before having to leave it with a dealer for a week or longer.
Same here. I get some hard downshifts and would like to reset. I don't know the procedure either. Hopefully somebody will come along soon with steps.

RexTX

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Mustang Shelby GT, 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid
Occupation
retired
So, if that learning cycle routine reprograms the transmission, I wonder how initial programming is done? Surely no one at the factory or the receiving dealership does that. If so, the transmission adapts it's programming to however the truck is driven the first 100 miles or so.
Sounds like it would be worthwhile to do this procedure on all our trucks.

In my case, my 2021 XLT 302A truck has only one major issue: When starting from a stop and turning left across traffic, it bogs for about 3 seconds. It's like you turned off the key at the worst possible moment.
I tried to get an appointment to look at this and was told "That's transmission. You can bring your truck in now and we expect to get to it in April....No, we have no loaner vehicles"
Sponsored