First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 mustang
Occupation
engineer
In ford protechnician I was able to see there was an OTA update for the GWM this morning. I wonder if that means someone must have been in the car? In theory my car has been sitting for a month, not totally sure how OTA works like if it has to be on to even fetch that there is an update.
Sponsored

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
Really getting frustrated with the railroad delivery. It's supposed to come to Houston. It sat in a Chicago rail yard for about 3 weeks. Then it went to the west coast, Spokane, Washington. Now, since Sep 14th, it's been sitting in a Laurel, Montana rail yard. I'd like to know if BNSF actually has a plan to get my truck to Houston, or if they've simply lost track of what trucks are on that railcar...
Shipped 40 days ago. I think it's moved maybe 2 of those days. Ford Chat just told me it's still sitting in Laurel, MT. I think I'm going to try the "email the executives" route and see if someone in Ford is able to call someone in BNSF and figure out 1) is my truck even on this railcar, and 2) if yes, why the hell is it getting shipped across the country and just sitting in rail yards for weeks at a time.

I'm beginning to think my truck is not on this railcar, lost, and will never make it to Houston.

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
Well, Ford Chat still shows the last update from Sept 14th, and it's still sitting in Montana. It's coming up on 60 days shipping. I spoke with the sales manager on Friday and he didn't act like this was unusual. I don't after me politely complaining for 15 minutes, he finally wrote down my name and phone and said he'd make some calls this week. We'll see how that goes. This is just getting really frustrating. If there are staffing problems with the rail companies, I don't see how that explains sending it from Dearborn to Spokane, WA, and now sitting in Montana for 4 weeks when it is supposed to come to Houston. Just makes no sense to me.

BIGSTUF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 XLT Powerboost
Well, Ford Chat still shows the last update from Sept 14th, and it's still sitting in Montana. It's coming up on 60 days shipping. I spoke with the sales manager on Friday and he didn't act like this was unusual. I don't after me politely complaining for 15 minutes, he finally wrote down my name and phone and said he'd make some calls this week. We'll see how that goes. This is just getting really frustrating. If there are staffing problems with the rail companies, I don't see how that explains sending it from Dearborn to Spokane, WA, and now sitting in Montana for 4 weeks when it is supposed to come to Houston. Just makes no sense to me.
My friend, I’m from the 5/30 build week….you have NO idea

Ford F-150 7/25/22 Build Week E4AED28E-6C6C-4CE7-B8EC-C9FC0EA69F77

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
My friend, I’m from the 5/30 build week….you have NO idea
Damn! I'm going nuts at 53 days. I'd be climbing the walls at 81. I hope you get a delivery soon.

Out of the blue, I just got on Ford Chat. The truck is now in Pearland, TX, 65 miles from the dealer! No updates since Sept 14th in Montana, and it gets updated 28 days later in TX. I'm told a 1-3 week wait for a driver to haul it out to the dealer, but at least it's now in town.

Do you know where your truck is? Plant to Nashville should have been a fairly short haul.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Devilsfan312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Nissan Rogue
Finally got tired of waiting on my Ford Tremor order as it probably would have been Christmas or even later before it arrived. I ended up finding a Silverado ZR2 on a dealer lot listed at MSRP and a $500 rebate so I jumped on it. I love the truck so far, especially the color, and don’t regret passing on the Ford.
Good luck to everyone still waiting and hopefully you all get your trucks sooner than later.
Ford F-150 7/25/22 Build Week B882EBBF-ECDA-4A85-86D1-0A174AF69437

BIGSTUF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Damn! I'm going nuts at 53 days. I'd be climbing the walls at 81. I hope you get a delivery soon.

Out of the blue, I just got on Ford Chat. The truck is now in Pearland, TX, 65 miles from the dealer! No updates since Sept 14th in Montana, and it gets updated 28 days later in TX. I'm told a 1-3 week wait for a driver to haul it out to the dealer, but at least it's now in town.

Do you know where your truck is? Plant to Nashville should have been a fairly short haul.
Not going to Nashville unfortunately. I went with the deal from Granger so it has been at ramp 6P in KC since July 26th 🤦‍♂️

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
Not going to Nashville unfortunately. I went with the deal from Granger so it has been at ramp 6P in KC since July 26th 🤦‍♂️
Wow! It hasn't even left the plant yet. That sucks!

BIGSTUF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wow! It hasn't even left the plant yet. That sucks!
It HAS left the plant. It was a Dearborn built truck and left on July 22nd. It arrived in KC on July 26th. It has been sitting ever since awaiting a truck to take it the last 200 miles north to the dealer.

Lazarus11

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GMC Sierra AT4 6.2, 1999 Jeep Wrangler
Finally got tired of waiting on my Ford Tremor order as it probably would have been Christmas or even later before it arrived. I ended up finding a Silverado ZR2 on a dealer lot listed at MSRP and a $500 rebate so I jumped on it. I love the truck so far, especially the color, and don’t regret passing on the Ford.
Good luck to everyone still waiting and hopefully you all get your trucks sooner than later.
How do you like the ZR2? I have first dibs on a inbound 6.2 AT4. I am tired of waiting. There are a few ZR2s around, but they do not have the multi pro tailgate. I really want one with the tail gate. Not sure what will show up first Ford or GMC.

Sponsored

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
It HAS left the plant. It was a Dearborn built truck and left on July 22nd. It arrived in KC on July 26th. It has been sitting ever since awaiting a truck to take it the last 200 miles north to the dealer.
Oh, that's got to feel even worse. I've heard there's a trucker shortage. My 1-3 week wait may be longer than expected.

BIGSTUF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Oh, that's got to feel even worse. I've heard there's a trucker shortage. My 1-3 week wait may be longer than expected.
Been the longest 250 (so far) days of my life

dearbornboy

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 mustang
Occupation
engineer
Ford F-150 7/25/22 Build Week Screenshot_20221019-204032~2

Figured I'd give an update, still here

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
3 months from order to shipped, and 2 months from shipped to delivered. It got to the dealer Tuesday night and I picked it up the next night. It was worth the wait, even though I can see that I had a much shorter wait than many of you. I'm grateful for that, and hope you all see progress and deliveries very soon.
Ford F-150 7/25/22 Build Week 20472

Ford F-150 7/25/22 Build Week 20475

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum