500a vs 501a worth it?

Hellphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Lariat FX4 3.5EB
Occupation
Iron casting foundry
I'm normally not a fan of Ford interiors. Didn't care for the last style (Everything 2 squared off) and the style before that was even more dated. But honestly I like the new 2021 Ford interior better than the competition, which is why I went with Ford. I'm not brand loyal (I know, unusual).

Are you keeping the old truck? I was driving a 2017 Hyundai Ioniq and Carvana picked it up yesterday. I'm going to miss the mileage that car had, normally averaged high 50s. If it was paid off I would have kept it, it was a great car.
The FX4 is paid off. But unfortunately it’s getting traded in with 37k miles on it. Never an issue with it. Been great. I wouldn’t exactly say I’m a Ford fanatic but I have had more Fords then any other company. And have never owned anything not GM, Mopar, or Ford.
Sponsored

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
You get LED headlamps with 500a and 501a . You get LED Projectors with 502a.
Sorry, meant the projector housings. Reflector housings are significantly inferior.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Sorry, meant the projector housings. Reflector housings are significantly inferior.
i still think the LED reflectors look great and significantly superior to the halogen reflectors. Stepping up to 502A was an additional 4k with my build (pretty much everything added but the chrome/sport and projectors). To me I didn’t want chrome or sport and while the projectors were nice, they were nowhere near 4k nice.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
i still think the LED reflectors look great and significantly superior to the halogen reflectors. Stepping up to 502A was an additional 4k with my build (pretty much everything added but the chrome/sport and projectors). To me I didn’t want chrome or sport and while the projectors were nice, they were nowhere near 4k nice.
Same here. I was going with a XLT initially, changed to the Lariat because you gained a lot just with the base package.

Hellphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Lariat FX4 3.5EB
Occupation
Iron casting foundry
Same here. I was going with a XLT initially, changed to the Lariat because you gained a lot just with the base package.
To me, Lariat is the sweet spot. Would love a limited but just can’t do it basically for nicer seats and badging.

Sponsored

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
In another thread someone reported getting the auto wipers on a 501A, they could only presume because they added copilot 360 assist 2.0 and the 360 camera package. The auto wiper is only listed on 502 and higher trims though and not listed as part of the 360 stuff, but I can see how it might be.
Looks like my truck got them. I was browsing the “discover your ford” page for my truck and in the list of installed features is the rain sensing wipers. It must be part of the CoPilot 360 Assist package even though the builder only shows them with the 502A. They also are not listed on the window sticker so being buried in a package is the only thing that makes sense.

Hellphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Lariat FX4 3.5EB
Occupation
Iron casting foundry
Looks like my truck got them. I was browsing the “discover your ford” page for my truck and in the list of installed features is the rain sensing wipers. It must be part of the CoPilot 360 Assist package even though the builder only shows them with the 502A. They also are not listed on the window sticker so being buried in a package is the only thing that makes sense.
That’s awesome. And bad at the same time. Meaning Ford needs to get their packages straight. And the literature. So people know exactly what they are getting for their money.

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
Where exactly is the “discover your Ford page?” I’ve looked around pretty much everywhere, but kinda grasping at straws that I’m missing somewhere that it says I got the auto wipers lol.

My build is Lariat 501A, copilot assist, 360 cam, tow tech, FX4

edit: just saw your reply in another thread. Not seeing the discover your Ford but I may just be too far out on a build. Build week is 9/6. Appreciate the info!

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Where exactly is the “discover your Ford page?” I’ve looked around pretty much everywhere, but kinda grasping at straws that I’m missing somewhere that it says I got the auto wipers lol.
It is at the bottom of the tracker. Not sure when it became available, it might be something that didn’t appear until built.

Ford F-150 500a vs 501a worth it? 1DDEA2FD-C546-41AA-BE12-5BC8FC5FE902

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So after looking through it more, I’m weary of its accuracy. While almost all of it is spot on with what I ordered it also lists the projector LED’s which definitely does not belong with 501A. Still hopeful on the wipers tho since there seem to be some who got their truck and ended up with them.

Sponsored

Papawsnow

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat FX4
Just got my Lariat SCREW; 500a, 2.7 EB, Bucket Seats w/ Console, FX4, Tow Tech, and CoPilot 360 Assist 2.0. So, I can confirm a few things.

I DO have:

4A - Pretty sure all Lariats do, and that was important to me

400W - was required with bucket seats, and it does include the outlet in the bed (2 in the cab)

Rain Sensing Wipers - they do show up in my on screen options and I turned them on (default was off). I haven't been in the rain yet, but it appears that I have them. I'm not sure if the 360 cameras with the Tow Tech or the Assist 2.0 triggered it.

I think someone else posted here, but when I ran my build 500 vs 501 it was $1430 more (shows $1270 on B&P) for the 501A. Pretty sure that all had to do with losing the $500 discount on the 500A. I would have liked the door opener and the B&O, but not that much.

Side Note: I got a $250 discount on the CoPilot 360 Assist 2.0. Since it includes the 3yr connected navigation and all the other goodies for essentially $500, that was my splurge.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Just got my Lariat SCREW; 500a, 2.7 EB, Bucket Seats w/ Console, FX4, Tow Tech, and CoPilot 360 Assist 2.0. So, I can confirm a few things.

I DO have:

400W - was required with bucket seats, and it does include the outlet in the bed (2 in the cab)

Rain Sensing Wipers - they do show up in my on screen options and I turned them on (default was off). I haven't been in the rain yet, but it appears that I have them. I'm not sure if the 360 cameras with the Tow Tech or the Assist 2.0 triggered it.

I think someone else posted here, but when I ran my build 500 vs 501 it was $1430 more (shows $1270 on B&P) for the 501A. Pretty sure that all had to do with losing the $500 discount on the 500A. I would have liked the door opener and the B&O, but not that much.

Side Note: I got a $250 discount on the CoPilot 360 Assist 2.0. Since it includes the 3yr connected navigation and all the other goodies for essentially $500, that was my splurge.
Post your payload here - What's your payload? 2.7 Lariat. I'm interested in payloads on the 2.7. I'm hoping they throw in the wiper feature on mine. I think it's just an extra sensor where the camera sensor for the CoPilot Assist is. You may be able to see it.

Papawsnow

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat FX4

I DO have:

UPDATE: Definitely have the rain sensing wipers. And I think I really like them. Went through some rain today and they just started working. Stopped when the rain let up. I didn't touch a thing.
Sponsored