First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Co-pilot Assist 2.0 in Lariats does not give you 360 cameras automatically. You have to add them as A separate package.
You have to have the 360 camera or Tow Technology Package. If you select the CoPilot Assistit will auto add the camera. If you get the Trailer Tow Package you also get the cameras.

Basically if you select a package that requires something else, it forces you to select them and shows the price difference.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hellphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Lariat FX4 3.5EB
Occupation
Iron casting foundry
You have to have the 360 camera or Tow Technology Package. If you select the CoPilot it will auto add the camera. If you get the Trailer Tow Package you also get the cameras.

Basically if you select a package that requires something else, it forces you to select them and shows the price difference.
It’s a misprint in the build and price and has been talked about in this forum before. Co-pilot does NOT require the cameras. It will come with the single camera needed. I don’t have tow tech or the camera package coming on my 502a

It is said that they are correcting it for 22. And I will also add….in XLT trim it adds the forward sensors and cameras. But not in Lariat. Only way to get the forward sensors and auto-added camera package is adding the Tow tech package or the Active 2.0 prep package. There is a huge difference between Assist 2.0 and Active 2.0 prep.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Tech
It’s a misprint in the build and price and has been talked about in this forum before. Co-pilot does NOT require the cameras. It will come with the single camera needed. I don’t have tow tech or the camera package coming on my 502a

It is said that they are correcting it for 22. And I will also add….in XLT trim it adds the forward sensors and cameras. But not in Lariat. Only way to get the forward sensors and auto-added camera package is adding the Tow tech package or the Active 2.0 prep package. There is a huge difference between Assist 2.0 and Active 2.0 prep.
I meant if you selected CoPilot Assist "adaptive cruise". The 360 camera is selected. I'll find out any details Saturday when I place my order. The adaptive cruise uses a combination of cameras and front sensor.

Hellphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Lariat FX4 3.5EB
Occupation
Iron casting foundry
I meant if you selected CoPilot Assist "adaptive cruise". The 360 camera is selected. I'll find out any details Saturday when I place my order. The adaptive cruise uses a combination of cameras and front sensor.
Sorry that is just not true sir. The 502a comes with Co-pilot Assist 2.0. I have neither Active prep, tow tech or camera package on my window sticker and I have a clean scheduled build next week.

The Assist 2.0 does not require it. It requires a small camera up in the windshield that is not part of the camera package. There are many trucks out there without the camera package that work correctly Or Ford would have held the order for an improper configuration. I have also had lengthy conversations about this with my sales manager at the dealership. And he contacted Ford.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Sorry that is just not true sir. The 502a comes with Co-pilot Assist 2.0. I have neither Active prep, tow tech or camera package on my window sticker and I have a clean scheduled build next week.
I did see the post, I'm not getting the 502a... I'm referring to 500a, sorry for the confusion. The discussion is the 500a vs 501a, not 502a.

502a on the truck build has been updated. Doesn't mention 502a requiring camera (exept for under the specific package) and does say it includes CoPilot Assist.

Sponsored

Hellphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Lariat FX4 3.5EB
Occupation
Iron casting foundry
I did see the post, I'm not getting the 502a... I'm referring to 500a, sorry for the confusion. The discussion is the 500a vs 501a, not 502a.
I agree. Just stating that the Co-pilot 2.0 by itself does not require it. If it auto added to the 500a then that’s great. Because imo it should add it. Wish it forced me to get it. I tried to add it in after the fact but was to late. I had my vin already. Anyway. Carry on. And apologize for my confusion.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Tech
I agree. Just stating that the Co-pilot 2.0 by itself does not require it. If it auto added to the 500a then that’s great. Because imo it should add it. Wish it forced me to get it. I tried to add it in after the fact but was to late. I had my vin already. Anyway. Carry on. And apologize for my confusion.
Man, that really sucks if it's something you really wanted. Sorry to hear about that.

Hellphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Lariat FX4 3.5EB
Occupation
Iron casting foundry
Man, that really sucks if it's something you really wanted. Sorry to hear about that.
At first I freaked out because it did not make me order the cameras and I thought that my Co-pilot would not work without them. Then I was thinking about pulling in my garage close to the front wall(guessing game), and thought it would be nice. But no. I went with the gotta haves Instead to keep price down. But after many conversations with my dealer and forum posts here…..I calmed down. My truck will work properly without it. But man it would be nice to have them. At least the front camera. But yeah it must just be a 502a glitch. Because it does say on the build and price exactly what you were getting at. That the camera package is required. But they need to fix the verbiage. Sorry again for my rambling. I lost sleep over this specific issue.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Tech
At first I freaked out because it did not make me order the cameras and I thought that my Co-pilot would not work without them. Then I was thinking about pulling in my garage close to the front wall(guessing game), and thought it would be nice. But no. I went with the gotta haves Instead to keep price down. But after many conversations with my dealer and forum posts here…..I calmed down. My truck will work properly without it. But man it would be nice to have them. At least the front camera. But yeah it must just be a 502a glitch. Because it does say on the build and price exactly what you were getting at. That the camera package is required. But they need to fix the verbiage. Sorry again for my rambling. I lost sleep over this specific issue.
I feel for you. I would have had a cow too! But like you said, not the end of the world. I think the front parking sensors are mainly for the park assist that you get on the CoPilot Active (I'm aware they can be used separately. It would be a nice feature, but not a deal breaker for me. Like you I'm ordering to get what I want and save a few bucks. I'm really surprised you didn't get a discount for the misinformation. Have you received your truck yet? Or have a build date or VIN?

Hellphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Lariat FX4 3.5EB
Occupation
Iron casting foundry
I feel for you. I would have had a cow too! But like you said, not the end of the world. I think the front parking sensors are mainly for the park assist that you get on the CoPilot Active (I'm aware they can be used separately. It would be a nice feature, but not a deal breaker for me. Like you I'm ordering to get what I want and save a few bucks. I'm really surprised you didn't get a discount for the misinformation. Have you received your truck yet? Or have a build date or VIN?
Blend date is 8/2. So sometime next week. Hopefully I will be have it by September.

Sponsored

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
There are certainly lots of wierd little differences when combining different options.

In another thread someone reported getting the auto wipers on a 501A, they could only presume because they added copilot 360 assist 2.0 and the 360 camera package. The auto wiper is only listed on 502 and higher trims though and not listed as part of the 360 stuff, but I can see how it might be.

I get my 501A with the same build soon and hopefully can confirm that, but won’t be too disappointed if I can’t.

Main point is we have so many options and it’s facinating how some rely on others, some maybe enhance others and some are not compatible. Back in February when I was planning my build I obsessed over the build tool for days…. Sometimes even the order you added things in made a difference (but that was probably just bugs in the tool).

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
The LED headlights are easily worth the price.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Tech
The LED headlights are easily worth the price.
You get LED headlamps with 500a and 501a . You get LED Projectors with 502a.

Hellphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Lariat FX4 3.5EB
Occupation
Iron casting foundry
You get LED headlamps with 500a and 501a . You get LED Projectors with 502a.
I’m excited about this. Although I have the 2013 version. Really…I’m excited about the whole front end of the new truck. Much cooler then my existing truck.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Tech
I’m excited about this. Although I have the 2013 version. Really…I’m excited about the whole front end of the new truck. Much cooler then my existing truck.
I'm normally not a fan of Ford interiors. Didn't care for the last style (Everything 2 squared off) and the style before that was even more dated. But honestly I like the new 2021 Ford interior better than the competition, which is why I went with Ford. I'm not brand loyal (I know, unusual).

Are you keeping the old truck? I was driving a 2017 Hyundai Ioniq and Carvana picked it up yesterday. I'm going to miss the mileage that car had, normally averaged high 50s. If it was paid off I would have kept it, it was a great car.
Sponsored