Sponsored

3.5EB Teardown, Customer didnt change oil.

brfertig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 4X4 ELocker Fox Racing w/35's
Occupation
Sr Project Manager & Investor

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Hmmm too bad. That sucks.

Lots of people making comments on the 'oil squirter' and its technology. Im guessing they are unaware of how pushrods work or how narrow that is, let alone hydraulic lifters....
The amount of char is concerning. I dont know the miles on the engine, but a piston shouldnt look like that with 100k miles on it. So to me it looks like the engine got hot and caked that oil around the rings and charred the skirt of the piston...

Edit: Not saying the lack of oil change wasnt a factor. Clearly, one way or another, this engine was not taken care of. be it abuse or lack of oil changes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
brfertig

brfertig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Our engines run hot at the cat so if you cook the cats it will add heat to those pistons.

OP
OP
brfertig

brfertig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Rebuilt motor. Fairly confident Ford motors dont come factory with Manley pistons. Built, then beat…

Exactly,

No one in the comments saw the skirt and wear on the skirt. There are other signs of abuse and its obvious that the pistons had other problems besides old oil. Its having them get hotter than designed and or melting the cats which cause heat to build up via the exhaust ports which no oil squirter is going to cool enough. I would love to see the exhaust this engine was running as well as a few other things to see what kind of hell he was putting this engine through.
Sponsored