First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F 150 Lariat Supercab Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Installed a JLT oil separator in the Ecoboost first thing upon delivery July 2021. This is what was in the can this morning @ 1582 miles. Tilted can for better idea. Not a lot but still there.
Ford F-150 JLT Oil Separator IMG_20211021_115410
Sponsored

saluki1969

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Ford Mustang GT500, 2021 F150 SC PB Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Installed a JLT oil separator in the Ecoboost first thing upon delivery July 2021. This is what was in the can this morning @ 1582 miles. Tilted can for better idea. Not a lot but still there.
IMG_20211021_115410.jpg
Did you install the driver's side model or the passenger's side unit? If you know, which is the easier to install and which is easiest to access after installation?

OP
OP
OnceAnEagle

OnceAnEagle

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Did you install the driver's side model or the passenger's side unit? If you know, which is the easier to install and which is easiest to access after installation?
No experience with driver's side. Installed passenger side and mounted the can stand to the battery tray per install instructions and a YouTube video. Drilled one hole in the battery tray lip; no problem. Hose connections very easy, just unclip the OEM PCV hose and snap in the new ones. The JLT comes preassembled with all mounting hardware. Easy access. Do not over tighten the can or you will need big pliers to take it off!

saluki1969

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
No experience with driver's side. Installed passenger side and mounted the can stand to the battery tray per install instructions and a YouTube video. Drilled one hole in the battery tray lip; no problem. Hose connections very easy, just unclip the OEM PCV hose and snap in the new ones. The JLT comes preassembled with all mounting hardware. Easy access. Do not over tighten the can or you will need big pliers to take it off!
Thanks for feedback on install. I have the Powerboost that entails a lot of additional stuff under the hood. I did shoot off an email to JLT asking for any info they might have on any install problems with Powerboost option. If the email reply comes back positive I am going to order the JLT oil separator.
Thanks again for your information.

OP
OP
OnceAnEagle

OnceAnEagle

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for feedback on install. I have the Powerboost that entails a lot of additional stuff under the hood. I did shoot off an email to JLT asking for any info they might have on any install problems with Powerboost option. If the email reply comes back positive I am going to order the JLT oil separator.
Thanks again for your information.
No worries.

Sponsored

saluki1969

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I did contact JLT concerning any issues of installation of their 3.0 oil separator on the Powerboost 3.5 liter. I received a reply this AM and will paste it below.

We are working on getting the truck in the shop now for a kit to be fitted for it. We should have it available shortly for purchase. We have a customer scheduled to bring their vehicle in for the R&D to be completed within the next few weeks.

John Dozier

JLT Performance

1008 Executive Blvd.

Chesapeake, VA 23320

(757) 335-1940 x 100

www.JLTtruecoldair.com

www.facebook.com/JLTPerformance

Sent: Saturday, October 23, 2021 9:21 PM
To: JLT Performance <[email protected]>
Subject: 'submitted the form from your 'Contact Us' page

Ford F-150 JLT Oil Separator jlt-performance-logo-email

OP
OP
OnceAnEagle

OnceAnEagle

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I did contact JLT concerning any issues of installation of their 3.0 oil separator on the Powerboost 3.5 liter. I received a reply this AM and will paste it below.

We are working on getting the truck in the shop now for a kit to be fitted for it. We should have it available shortly for purchase. We have a customer scheduled to bring their vehicle in for the R&D to be completed within the next few weeks.

John Dozier

JLT Performance

1008 Executive Blvd.

Chesapeake, VA 23320

(757) 335-1940 x 100

www.JLTtruecoldair.com

www.facebook.com/JLTPerformance

Sent: Saturday, October 23, 2021 9:21 PM
To: JLT Performance <[email protected]>
Subject: 'submitted the form from your 'Contact Us' page

jlt-performance-logo-email.png
Nice they responded quickly and that they are working on it.

Rocco P.

First Name
Rocco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Retired
Will installing a catch can kit affect your warranty?

OP
OP
OnceAnEagle

OnceAnEagle

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Will installing a catch can kit affect your warranty?
No. The 1975 U.S. federal Magnuson-Moss Act makes it illegal for a vehicle manufacturer to automatically cancel your warranty because you installed aftermarket car parts. The dealer must prove that the specific aftermarket part causes or contributes to the vehicle failure to deny your warranty but the burden of proof is on the dealership.
Sponsored