Sponsored

22S26 Wiper Arms Recall | Replacement Parts Not Properly Aligned?

Airlifter2

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat, SuperCab FX4 157" Iconic Silver
Occupation
Political researcher / publisher / Activist leader
Fellow F-150ers,

Has anyone else had the Recall 22S26 Wiper Arms may break performed yet? I had mine about two weeks ago. Cool service manager moved me up on the list to get it done with some he had that showed up in stock.

Initially I looked at it, accepting the truck after oil, filter, tire rotate, etc., was that the base of the wiper arm was scratched all to heck. A lot of the black paint was missing and it signaled that some 13 year old might have done the swap. I told the manager and he immediately took it back to swap out and apologized. Cool.

After 10 minutes the truck came back and I quickly scanned it, accepted it, and started off the lot. That was when I noticed the resting position of the driver's side wiper was noticeably higher than the stock arm that came installed on the truck.

I pulled back around and he took it back to his guy. He came into the waiting room 10 minutes later with pictures on his smartphone showing a notch stating the alignment was all that was possible for install. I told him the subcontractor that had manufactured these replacement arms for the recall must have made an error. To verify this I walked their lot looking at about 20 F-150s, 2022 and 2023 year. Each had the resting position lower than my replacement did.

Operationally, it works. However, the swipe of the blade hits the Left edge of the windshield which the stock one did not. It does sit higher than the stock ones, which basically sit just below the end of the black colored bottom edge of the window. This sits just above. I have sort of gotten used to it, but this level of "repair" is beneath the expected quality of my 2021 $70k truck.

My service manager is a great guy that listens and discusses with me honestly, even some things he isn't supposed to share. I'm just torn whether to make this an issue. I did get the other pending recalls all done and tightened up and am satisfied with them.

I appreciate any thoughts. Have fun and drive safe folks! Thanks!

2021 3.5 Ecoboost FX4, CrewCab 157" Iconic Silver, Chrome package
Sponsored

JScaro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat 501.5A
Occupation
Beer Drinker
Take 2 minutes to fix. 2021 still the same way as this.

OP
OP
Airlifter2

Airlifter2

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Take 2 minutes to fix. 2021 still the same way as this.
I appreciate the video. Mine was fairly easy to remove. However, the alignment cleat, pin, whatever you want to call it, will only let the wiper go one in a specific position. See pictures with arrows to notch on motor shaft as well as pin on wiper arm mount. NO WAY TO ADJUST.

These have been manufactured 5 deg. or more off where previous stock arms rest when mounted. Just shot these pics of my truck.

Ford F-150 22S26 Wiper Arms Recall | Replacement Parts Not Properly Aligned? IMG_0696

Ford F-150 22S26 Wiper Arms Recall | Replacement Parts Not Properly Aligned? IMG_0695

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Fellow F-150ers,

Has anyone else had the Recall 22S26 Wiper Arms may break performed yet? I had mine about two weeks ago. Cool service manager moved me up on the list to get it done with some he had that showed up in stock.

Initially I looked at it, accepting the truck after oil, filter, tire rotate, etc., was that the base of the wiper arm was scratched all to heck. A lot of the black paint was missing and it signaled that some 13 year old might have done the swap. I told the manager and he immediately took it back to swap out and apologized. Cool.

After 10 minutes the truck came back and I quickly scanned it, accepted it, and started off the lot. That was when I noticed the resting position of the driver's side wiper was noticeably higher than the stock arm that came installed on the truck.

I pulled back around and he took it back to his guy. He came into the waiting room 10 minutes later with pictures on his smartphone showing a notch stating the alignment was all that was possible for install. I told him the subcontractor that had manufactured these replacement arms for the recall must have made an error. To verify this I walked their lot looking at about 20 F-150s, 2022 and 2023 year. Each had the resting position lower than my replacement did.

Operationally, it works. However, the swipe of the blade hits the Left edge of the windshield which the stock one did not. It does sit higher than the stock ones, which basically sit just below the end of the black colored bottom edge of the window. This sits just above. I have sort of gotten used to it, but this level of "repair" is beneath the expected quality of my 2021 $70k truck.

My service manager is a great guy that listens and discusses with me honestly, even some things he isn't supposed to share. I'm just torn whether to make this an issue. I did get the other pending recalls all done and tightened up and am satisfied with them.

I appreciate any thoughts. Have fun and drive safe folks! Thanks!

2021 3.5 Ecoboost FX4, CrewCab 157" Iconic Silver, Chrome package
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your F-150 concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Airlifter2

Airlifter2

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your F-150 concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
I have ZERO interest in spending ANY time interacting with you. I've done it before. I spent weeks interacting with you before, sending the false attitude that you were connected directly to Ford corporate and had authority in, and interest in fixing problems. After 4 weeks of exchanging information back and forth, I learned you exist here only to keep Ford owners quiet and in line. NO THANKS. I want this mistake fixed. Give me the direct contact information for someone at Ford that has the authority to fix something themselves, or leave me alone. You can DM with that contact or nothing else.

OP
OP
Airlifter2

Airlifter2

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
What do you expect the dealer to do? They're hands are tied on the recall.
I don't believe I said that I expected the dealer to do anything. I also wrote that my service manager was cool and tried to fix it. I'm taking it to the next levels.
Sponsored