Sponsored

22 powerboost oil pan leak (possibly a bad batch?)

Powerboost22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Powerboost
Just left the dealer, they are ordering parts to replace the oil pan.
I had the first oil change a couple weeks ago and they noted oil residue under the pan so they added some dye to the oil and asked me to come back after about 1000miles. Today I stopped back in to have them throw it on the lift and they confirmed there’s an issue from factory with the pan, possibly a bad casting or something. Truck has been strictly road only so far, nothing off road.
Just wondering if there’s been anyone else with this issue. Job 2 build, picked up the truck in June. I’ll keep the thread updated when parts come in and repairs on completed.
Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
What's the build date for yours?

DanielG

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
I have a June 5, 2022 build date with just over 2000 miles. I haven’t noticed anything leaking as of yet but haven’t got my first oil change. Was it leaking to the ground or on one of those engine covers?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Wonder what they saw to make them think the pan itself is defective, without yet removing it?
Afterall it isn't one of the single use composite oil pans on these Powerboost trucks. (thank goodness)

Sponsored

OP
OP

Powerboost22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Powerboost
I have a June 5, 2022 build date with just over 2000 miles. I haven’t noticed anything leaking as of yet but haven’t got my first oil change. Was it leaking to the ground or on one of those engine covers?
I never noticed anything on the ground, the dealer just noted it during the oil change. I park in an indoor garage at work too so I definitely would have noticed if I was dripping anything.

OP
OP

Powerboost22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Powerboost
Wonder what they saw to make them think the pan itself is defective, without yet removing it?
Afterall it isn't one of the single use composite oil pans on these Powerboost trucks. (thank goodness)
Not totally sure, I’ll try to get some more detail when parts come in. Basically they saw oil residue, cleaned it up and dyed the new oil in the engine to confirm it wasn’t just residue left over from the factory. Confirmed active leak after another 1000+ miles and ordered a new pan.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Just throw in "possibly bad batch" for why?