First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Occupation
Business Systems Analyst
I've looked in the manual (not very clear) and played around with the buttons and can't seem to figure it out. When I open truck door to get into truck (not running), I want the interior lights to turn on. Can't figure it out. Can someone provide insight on what I need to do?

Thanks
Cindy
2021 Lariat Supercrew Shortbed 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Sponsored

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
It’s the button on the headliner in my STX by the overhead lights. If it is orange they won’t turn on and is set to “off”, press it and it should turn blue

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
If you don’t put many miles on your truck and the system shuts down to preserve the battery when you turn off the truck, your interior lights will not turn on until you reset the BMS.

bcb97

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2020 Expedition
It’s the button on the headliner in my STX by the overhead lights. If it is orange they won’t turn on and is set to “off”, press it and it should turn blue
Just as he said. It's the button in the overhead panel. The manual shows the button. You can also change ambient lighting settings in the information screen as well.
Ford F-150 How to set up interior lights to turn on when open truck to get in 2023-04-15 08_40_17-2022-Ford-F-150-Owners-Manual-version-1_om_EN-US_10_2021.pdf - Adobe Acrob

HSV_MIkeJ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.music-by-mike.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, SC Rapid Red
Occupation
DJ
Yeah most likely your battery is low and the truck has shut them off to save the battery, you need to put a charge on your battery. Mine did the same thing on a regular basis, until I installed a larger capacity battery. When you charge the battery be sure to clip the negative cable to the current monitor not the battery post.

Sponsored

Boen

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Platinum
Yeah most likely your battery is low and the truck has shut them off to save the battery, you need to put a charge on your battery. Mine did the same thing on a regular basis, until I installed a larger capacity battery. When you charge the battery be sure to clip the negative cable to the current monitor not the battery post.
Mine has done this 3 time now, tried charging battery and it fixes it for awhile and did it again these morning and I get the message on my phone app that truch is in deep sleep mode , Trying to deside if I want dealer to look at it or just replace the battery my self,

HSV_MIkeJ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.music-by-mike.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, SC Rapid Red
Occupation
DJ
Dealer will at best replace the battery with the same stock size which is not big enough. You could show them this attached document that show the Lariat and above should have a larger capacity battery, mine came with the 760, should have at least an 800 on page 49, I think it really needs even a higher capacity.
Sponsored

Attachments