Sponsored

2024 V8 5.0 Fully loaded Lariat - Ordered! (Update: After 5 months its finally going into build)

OP
OP

GM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150
Is heated steering wheels back in 2024?
Yes, I believe it was back for mid 2023 models as well.

I think Ford is doing a recall to add heated steering wheel to all the ones that came without it. I'm not too sure about this, so better find some sources.

Nice Job building it! I think you got a good price! Good luck! That thing is loaded for sure. Did you get Pro Power or 36 gal tank? (standard now?)
Pro power is only on the ecoboosts. I got the 5.0. And yes 36 gal / 136L tank was standard. I believe in Canada Ford only offers the larger tank size.
Sponsored

OP
OP

GM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150
Have that grill painted to match?
I've done it on a couple of trucks.
No regrets.

Hsweeth (1).jpg

Thirstycard (2).jpg
That's a nice look. I was looking at getting it paint matched as well. But first I'll see how the black grille on gray truck looks in person. Maybe it wont be too bad, but if it is, I'll be going your route.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Nice! Yeah, that’s the way to do it. I’m new to my state (moved to TN in last 4 years) so I didn’t have any previous relationships built with a Ford dealer near me…but I did ask around to see if any of them would match the 4% below invoice that Granger was offering and most of them kinda laughed and thought I was making it up. Felt like it saved me and the salesmen some time by eliminating the back and forth and just stating what I was looking for up front. Now the waiting game begins…
When I was looking to order in Jan 2022 I did the same thing with local dealers. Some just said no, but some told me that it was a scam and I should run away. In fact they would sell me one at MSRP with no additional mark up and I would be a total idiot to walk away from thier deal. HA! I walked all the way to Granger Iowa.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Have that grill painted to match?
I've done it on a couple of trucks.
No regrets.

Hsweeth (1).jpg

Thirstycard (2).jpg
Very nice! In fact that is one of the things I love about the Ford STX grille. Not only is it one of the nicest styles but that painted surround really looks sharp.

Your white one is/was a killer with that grille. Very nice.

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
I remember reading on some forums or maybe it was here that the trucks are cheaper today than they were 5-10 years ago. This is after you factor that most stuff that used to be extra options on trucks is standard now. And with the inflation the buying power is different.

For example my 2018 Lariat was around $69,000 CAD in August 2017.

That $69K in 2017 is equivalent to $83,612 CAD in 2023. This is from Bank of Canada's inflation calculator.

The 2024 Lariat has way more features and options than my 2018 did and is cheaper by more than $2K.

The inflation calculations are probably similar in the US, and doing this calculation is a great way to feel good about your expensive truck, lol haha
I paid 36k + ttl for a mid level spec Chevy in 2018. MSRP was 51. I can't complain too much though, my 2022 xlt that has a MSRP of 61 cost me 44 through a stars aligning situation.

Sponsored

OP
OP

GM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150
I paid 36k + ttl for a mid level spec Chevy in 2018. MSRP was 51. I can't complain too much though, my 2022 xlt that has a MSRP of 61 cost me 44 through a stars aligning situation.
yea you got a huge discount for your 2022. I bought a 2022 GM 1500 AT4 with 6.3L and I had to pay MSRP, since it was still kinda during COVID.

The only saving grace for paying MSRP back then was the trade in price. I had a 2019 Ford Edge that I drove for 2yrs put almost 80K Kms on it and I traded it in for a thousand less than I bought it for brand new.

OP
OP

GM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150
I had my dealer call me to say my spray in bedliner could delay my order. I told him to take it out of my order and we can do it at the dealership.

Order was placed mid november and still no VIN or order number.

bootstraps

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F150
I had my dealer call me to say my spray in bedliner could delay my order. I told him to take it out of my order and we can do it at the dealership.

Order was placed mid november and still no VIN or order number.
Yeah, my order was placed on 11/7 and I called Ford Chat yesterday and still no VIN or build date (Lariat 502A BAP). I've only seen RCSBs and Platinums scheduled in Jan so far. Still not at the 45 day mark but hoping we get scheduled soon!

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
Holy shit! How? That's about how much I got my 22 before all the price increases and it does not have the pano. (by choice) or the bed stuff. What am I missing? My truck was ~USD65K MSRP.

That will be a sharp looking truck. Make sure to post photos when you get it!

Sponsored

OP
OP

GM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150
Ordered back in November 2023. Finally Ford picked up the order and now I'm able to track it.

It says, its scheduled for 04/15/2024

Almost 5 months from order to build week. And probably another month to get it.

dicedealer7

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 STX FX4
Ouch. I ordered my lariat 1/24 and have a vin and a build week starting 4/1

OP
OP

GM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150
I was told by the dealer that the reason, it took so long to order my truck was because I have a 5.0 with a black appearance pkg. He said Ford is only building about 12% of these combinations and to Ford, this build is not a priority. Ford is prioritizing the V6s.

Another question, since my Truck is scheduled to be build, Can I still add the full reclining seats to my order? I have called my dealer, and left a message to find out.

OscarMike128

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ford F-150 XLT sport, 24 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Project Manager
I was told by the dealer that the reason, it took so long to order my truck was because I have a 5.0 with a black appearance pkg. He said Ford is only building about 12% of these combinations and to Ford, this build is not a priority. Ford is prioritizing the V6s.

Another question, since my Truck is scheduled to be build, Can I still add the full reclining seats to my order? I have called my dealer, and left a message to find out.
Once you are scheduled and have a VIN is pretty difficult to change your order. I don't want to say its impossible but I haven't heard of it being possible.
Sponsored