First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB
Occupation
Optometrist
Venting: I’ve had the “Stop Safely Now” message twice now within 2000 miles. As I write this I’m sitting in my garage with a brand new truck that won’t start getting more and more late for work. This is absolutely ridiculous. I don’t know what to do because Ford apparently has now fix.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Try putting it in Tow/Haul or Sport mode, and see if it will start?

Just curious myself if it changes the software parameters in any way and gets around the bug.

charmai101

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
I'm sorry it happened to you, it really sucks! It happened to me twice. The last time it happened, I got out of the truck for a few minutes, remote start, it won't work. Then I got back in and tried normally, it started.

OP
OP

graneral

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB
Occupation
Optometrist
Thanks - yeah going on 45 minutes now. Tried both tips and hasn’t changed anything. Had to call my mother in law to borrow her vehicle so I can get to work..trying to stay positive but man this is frustrating.

charmai101

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
Have you tried to jump start it? It worked for me the 1st time, I was able to jump start it after everything I tried failed, but I needed a jump pack to work, I wasn't able to jump start it using another car.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Venting: I’ve had the “Stop Safely Now” message twice now within 2000 miles. As I write this I’m sitting in my garage with a brand new truck that won’t start getting more and more late for work. This is absolutely ridiculous. I don’t know what to do because Ford apparently has now fix.
Hi Logan. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

BoostedSushi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 Platinum PB 4WD
I'm sorry it happened to you, it really sucks! It happened to me twice. The last time it happened, I got out of the truck for a few minutes, remote start, it won't work. Then I got back in and tried normally, it started.
I have 5k on our truck and I did what the poster here said and it worked for me too.

Got to treat it like a router I guess. My Corvette occasionally has a glitch that a restart can fix too.

SRMD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Sequoia, 2019 Outback, 1998 XJ
Do the following, it has worked for me every time:

make sure truck is off completely.
Get out of truck and lock using the bottom two key pad buttons (0/9 8/7)
Unlock using your keypad code
Foot on brake and and push start

as an alternate option, after you lock with the two keypad buttons, you can remote start. This has worked as well, but requires cell coverage.

it should work without problem. It has worked for me every time. Using the key fob is not as reliable as the above method when you run into the “will not start” issue.

Just my experience. I am sure that Ford will need to fix a FW issue. I did not have this problem before the last FW update.

Beagleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat Powerboost 502A
I feel your pain. I’ve had my ‘23 PB four weeks now. Was stranded twice with the no start condition and the “Full accessory power mode on” and “Stop safely now” messages at the end of week one. Week two was spent in the shop at the dealership. Hybrid tech grabbed codes (listed in different thread), troubleshooting, and did a couple of software updates. No issues since.

OP
OP

graneral

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB
Occupation
Optometrist
Thanks everyone! I will definitely try that next time. I ended up borrowing my mother in laws vehicle to drive to work so it’s sitting in my garage but I’ll definitely try that next time. (Hopefully it’s resolved itself by the time I get home)

Sponsored

1stF150Powerboost

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Employee
Hi Logan. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.
Hi
This has happened to me also just this Sunday on my 2023 LTX Power that is not even a month old and less than 1000 miles. I called dealer yesterday and was told ai might get charged for $200 diagnosis fee. I was like, really? This is the ONLY new vehicle I've had this problem.

SRMD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Sequoia, 2019 Outback, 1998 XJ
Agree, it is not a fix, but a short term workaround so people are not stranded. I never had this issue until the last FW update. Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but that seems to be in alignment with this failure to start issue.
Sponsored