Sponsored

2023 Halogen to Led Headlights

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Man you will be happy with the alphas! Spring for the novas, they are a pretty penny but will be worth it! I preordered Luxx before novas came out and I’m left wanting more.
Ford F-150 2023 Halogen to Led Headlights 1684809648350
Sponsored

STX_guy2023

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 STX 2.7 Eco
Occupation
N/A
I just did the bulb conversion with some LED Headlight bulb replacements, I got offered to review. seem pretty good to me. There is the bulbs, then the difference, then the full outcome of the swap in the photos below.
Ford F-150 2023 Halogen to Led Headlights Lights in box
Ford F-150 2023 Halogen to Led Headlights Led VS Halogen
Ford F-150 2023 Halogen to Led Headlights Led full swa

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
Regarding “legal”, your best bet is Sylvania SilverStar Ultra. They are DOT approved and are a brighter halogen, think of it as a star burning brighter (hotter) at the end of its life. The bulb is more resistive and creates more heat and lumens. This bulb intensifies the output and does not create scatter like a LED in the halogen housing. The only downfall is bulb life is 1-2 years vs 5 years. I used them on my Expedition. It made a big difference in my 2007 Expedition, I went from having OEM LED cars light bleed into mine, to my halogen overpowering their LED path. It was pretty cool and 100% legal. However after about 1 year that initial power wasn’t there, so to keep that intense light output you need to replace annually.

My new F-150 isn’t even close to the Silverstars. LED light bleeds right into mine. The high beam output of the halogens is actually quite good, but the low-beam leaves about to be desired.

Last edited:

Bandit Heeler

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX 4x4 2.7
Installed these Auxito led bulbs on my F150 to replace the OEM halogens. Plug and play, take out old halogen bulbs, put these ones in and they work great. No fitment issues at all. Its as simple as replacing the stock bulbs. I adjusted the lights down a bit from the old setting but that may not have been needed for my truck. So far no on has flashed me. Light pattern is nice, really makes a difference from stock. No flickering or issues with DRL or fog lights. Everything works as it should.
1681716061213.png
Second this. I put these (high, low, and fog) almost two years ago and have had zero issues.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Some of y’all need to go back in time and tool around at night in a car with sealed beams.
I despise bright white lights coming at me. Distracting, somewhat painful, and it does blind me momentarily. And most of my driving is in the darkness, rural darkness.
Still have 3 cars with sealed beams.
The 21 f150 pretty darn illuminating and never on high beams.
I also tend to not ‘overdrive’ my lights—-deer, hogs and other critters of the dark.
Her Explorer has ridiculously bright lights.
But really, drive a vehicle with sealed beams for a bit and you will get a new appreciation for current day lowly halogens

Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Some of y’all need to go back in time and tool around at night in a car with sealed beams.
I despise bright white lights coming at me. Distracting, somewhat painful, and it does blind me momentarily. And most of my driving is in the darkness, rural darkness.
The 21 f150 pretty darn illuminating and never on high beams.
I also tend to not ‘overdrive’ my lights—-deer, hogs and other critters of the dark.
Her Explorer has ridiculously bright lights.
But really, drive a vehicle with sealed beams for a bit and you will get a new appreciation for current day lowly halogens
no cars should come with halogens. Thats for sure.

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
and I just don’t drive at night if I don’t have to lol

i like the look of the halogens, gives ‘er a rugged look.

I also genuinely had no clue about any of this when I was ordering my truck so ya get what you pay for

SupraVu

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A truck, SUV. another SUV, and a sedan
I have a spare halogen to factory LED conversion harness if anyone is interested.