2023 F150 Third Brake Light Camera

Keys0017

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum
2023 F150 Full Hybrid Platinum. I was aware of all the features I had to opt out of, except one.

Just took delivery and no camera in the housing of the third brake light. Does anybody know if the wiring is there. I want the smoked out LED brake light w/camera from Recon. Recon seems pretty adamant you have to buy the one your truck is currently configured for or it won’t work.

1. Any way I could verify the wiring is there and it would work or the current wiring harness would support the camera?

2. How much would it cost or how difficult DIY project to wire it up properly for the third brake light w/ camera

Thanks for any input. Couldn’t find a good thread about this specifically relevant to my situation , if it’s out there I apologize. Thanks again. Cheers!
Sponsored

Expat93

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram, Denali, Ram, Ford
Occupation
None
Bump.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
If it’s any consolation, the third brake light camera kinda sucks. I thought it would be useful for reversing with the tailgate down but the field of view is insufficient.

All you can see with it is the truck bed and at least on my truck, it’s not able to be used in motion; so you can’t even use it to see if the ratchet straps on your load are still tight.

Someone else will probably be adding one on their truck, so hopefully you won’t need to be too patient!

Good luck with your truck.

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
If it’s any consolation, the third brake light camera kinda sucks. I thought it would be useful for reversing with the tailgate down but the field of view is insufficient.

All you can see with it is the truck bed and at least on my truck, it’s not able to be used in motion; so you can’t even use it to see if the ratchet straps on your load are still tight.

Someone else will probably be adding one on their truck, so hopefully you won’t need to be too patient!

Good luck with your truck.
That camera is the only one I CAN use in motion. I couldn't before the latest update so you might want to check if you have the latest.

I don't use it because I have a Tonneau but if I had an open bed with cargo, I would definitely find it very useful.

But you're right... that's ALL it would be good for.
Sponsored