2023 F150 Order possibly being assigned vin within next 3 days

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Emailed dealer to see about adding an option and then talked with them on the phone. I don't remember the exact working of what its called, but I was told the truck was in a processing stage or something like that and that it could have a VIN assigned by Saturday and if we tried to add an option it might mess that stage up. So we are holding off from doing so. Plus the option I wanted has a chip shortage (the Co-Pilot Active 360 2.0).

Edit: Ordered 2023 F150 PowerBoost Lariat 502A.
Received Order Confirmed email from Ford on 8/16/22.
Sponsored

Burns37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 F150 XLT 2.7 EB --> '22 F150 Lariat PB
Emailed dealer to see about adding an option and then talked with them on the phone. I don't remember the exact working of what its called, but I was told the truck was in a processing stage or something like that and that it could have a VIN assigned by Saturday and if we tried to add an option it might mess that stage up. So we are holding off from doing so. Plus the option I wanted has a chip shortage (the Co-Pilot Active 360 2.0).

Edit: Ordered 2023 F150 PowerBoost Lariat 502A.
Received Order Confirmed email from Ford on 8/16/22.
Pretty sure you can adjust your order up until you get a VIN with tentative build week. If the Active package is something you want, then you just need to contemplate whether or not you'll kick yourself later when it's actually too late. I have a similar build and didn't think much about adding that package, but kind of wish I did; I've justified to myself not having it is fine because I'm not on the highway daily for bluecruise use, but would make trips to see family easier/nicer I suppose.

Reactions: 780

rwxr_xr_x

First Name
rwxr_xr_x
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F-150 XLT + 302A
It seems that the scheduling for MY2023 started.
You can wait for the allocation to happen, then you can add your option, but the factory might or might not obey it, at least this is what “the video guy” internet sales manager for Ford Long McArthur says in his livestreams

OP
OP
Braeden

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pretty sure you can adjust your order up until you get a VIN with tentative build week. If the Active package is something you want, then you just need to contemplate whether or not you'll kick yourself later when it's actually too late. I have a similar build and didn't think much about adding that package, but kind of wish I did; I've justified to myself not having it is fine because I'm not on the highway daily for bluecruise use, but would make trips to see family easier/nicer I suppose.
That's the thing... The dealer was seeing it in like a mid-process deal, so they didn't want to add an option and mess that slot up.

The only reason I was looking at it was because you don't get the forward sensing system on the Lariat 502A for the Co-Pilot Assist 2.0. However on the 501A Lariat you do get it with the Co-Pilot Assist 2.0. That is so backwards to me and quite annoying Ford would do that. Only way to get it is going up to the Co-Pilot Active 2.0.

OP
OP
Braeden

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It seems that the scheduling for MY2023 started.
You can wait for the allocation to happen, then you can add your option, but the factory might or might not obey it, at least this is what “the video guy” internet sales manager for Ford Long McArthur says in his livestreams
That is interesting. I think due to the chip shortage with the added option, I'll just not go forward with it and hope it speeds up the future dates...

Sponsored

rwxr_xr_x

First Name
rwxr_xr_x
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F-150 XLT + 302A
That is interesting. I think due to the chip shortage with the added option, I'll just not go forward with it and hope it speeds up the future dates...
They schedule what they know they can build, if you update after you are scheduled, it’s not guaranteed that they will have components for your option.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
They schedule what they know they can build, if you update after you are scheduled, it’s not guaranteed that they will have components for your option.
Curious, I see you chose the Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 on a 302A. What did your sales person say about availability? I was in that window where it was pulled from my ‘22 302A XLT.

rwxr_xr_x

First Name
rwxr_xr_x
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F-150 XLT + 302A
Curious, I see you chose the Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 on a 302A. What did your sales person say about availability? I was in that window where it was pulled from my ‘22 302A XLT.
I work directly with the Sales Manager, and while on the phone with him I told him my desired configuration. Honestly I didn’t really ask his option. Assist is much more basic than Active, not sure if the same constraints apply.

Edit: I guess they pulled options out so that they can stockpile and have for MY 2023? I don’t know what to say. It was available and I added it. In a way I’m not in a rush, i would like to get the truck in the next Fiscal Year, but at the same time can’t wait to drive it. My current one is 2013 with 96k miles on it.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I work directly with the Sales Manager, and while on the phone with him I told him my desired configuration. Honestly I didn’t really ask his option. Assist is much more basic than Active, not sure if the same constraints apply.
I hope you end up getting it on your truck. I was disappointed when they force deleted it from my build.

rwxr_xr_x

First Name
rwxr_xr_x
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F-150 XLT + 302A
I hope you end up getting it on your truck. I was disappointed when they force deleted it from my build.
I hope as well, I don’t know what I’ll do if they force drop it from mine.

Sponsored

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I hope as well, I don’t know what I’ll do if they force drop it from mine.
I was still able to get the 360 degree cameras, though. Had they dropped that too, I may have had second thoughts.

Ryan74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Carbonized Gray 4x4
Yeah I was able to get 302a with 360 cam also.

Burns37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 F150 XLT 2.7 EB --> '22 F150 Lariat PB
That's the thing... The dealer was seeing it in like a mid-process deal, so they didn't want to add an option and mess that slot up.

The only reason I was looking at it was because you don't get the forward sensing system on the Lariat 502A for the Co-Pilot Assist 2.0. However on the 501A Lariat you do get it with the Co-Pilot Assist 2.0. That is so backwards to me and quite annoying Ford would do that. Only way to get it is going up to the Co-Pilot Active 2.0.
You shouldn't lose your spot in line with the dealership for the allocation process unless they place a brand new order for you, in that case your new order would essentially go to the back of the line.

The Assist 2.0 should have the forward sensing system since it includes everything from the standard 2.0 for the Lariat, unless that changed from MY22 to MY23 orders. The 502a and above did not have some of those options deleted like 501a and below (aside from multicontour seats and other options above the Lariat trim as a whole). There are some different articles on Ford Authority about it, but my dealership confirmed I had no deletions on my 502a order other than the start/stop from what I see on the window sticker.

dynomite

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 F-150 XLT 5.4L, 2013 F-150 XLT 5.0L
Occupation
Vegetable Farmer
I just emailed my salesperson, my truck is in preview status. Got my fingers crossed that I get a VIN over the weekend. Oh baby!!

OP
OP
Braeden

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You shouldn't lose your spot in line with the dealership for the allocation process unless they place a brand new order for you, in that case your new order would essentially go to the back of the line.

The Assist 2.0 should have the forward sensing system since it includes everything from the standard 2.0 for the Lariat, unless that changed from MY22 to MY23 orders. The 502a and above did not have some of those options deleted like 501a and below (aside from multicontour seats and other options above the Lariat trim as a whole). There are some different articles on Ford Authority about it, but my dealership confirmed I had no deletions on my 502a order other than the start/stop from what I see on the window sticker.
It's not present for '23. It calls it out in the Product Guide:
Ford F-150 2023 F150 Order possibly being assigned vin within next 3 days not included

Here it is if you get the Active 2.0
Ford F-150 2023 F150 Order possibly being assigned vin within next 3 days Active Co Pilot 2.0
Sponsored