Sponsored

2022 PB going in for repair ... Has anyone had these issues?

RR89

First Name
Poindexter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
The service advisor is going to love me... Just curious if any of these are known items? I'm dropping it off on Wednesday and it's just shy of 12K miles. Overall I love the truck but this stuff is starting to grate on me...

1. Trailer Brake Module Fault - Every single time I start the truck. The blinkers flash fast in the truck but look normal outside. I do tow trailers pretty often but nothing with brakes.

Ford F-150 2022 PB going in for repair ... Has anyone had these issues? 1679865945865

2. Android Auto with Waze worked great until the latest update. Now if you move the music over the larger side of the screen and move it back it will screw up waze with either these blocks on the screen or it will lose all the menu items. I can reproduce this pretty much any time. I have a Pixel 6 Pro and it does it both wirelessly and wired. I've tried updating the phone, deleting and reinstalling to the truck with BT, etc.

Ford F-150 2022 PB going in for repair ... Has anyone had these issues? 1679865704161

3. This is my 4th Ford with auto climate control and all the others I set at 71-72 and never touch it. This thing is all over the place, I need to lower it down to 62 just to not get blasted out of the truck with heat. I feel like I'm always moving it up and down and something doesn't seem right. Notice the temp in the display above is 62 which is 10 degrees cooler than my Wife's explorer and my 2015 F150.

4. As spring is approaching, I rolled the front windows down for the first time in a few months. When I used the one touch up to close them, the windows went all the way up and then immediately all the way back down into the door. I tried this a few times before finally slowly bumping both windows up with light taps on the switch. When you get to the top, if you go to far they will roll back down again automatically.

5. I have the auto folding tow mirrors and maybe 1 out 20 starts, the passenger side mirrior will not open but stays closed against the door. I have to go through the process of folding them in and then out to get it to work.

6. I assume every new car requires you to step on the brake pedal in order for the engine to start? The last 20 cars I've owned have been that way so I know how to put my foot on the brake and press the engine start button. On this truck, 1 in 5 times it will go into accessory mode like you didn't touch the brake and then I have to press the brake harder and start it again. Not a big deal once or twice, but when it happens 5-6 times a week for a year it turns into a pain the ass.

I think there is a recall notice as well about the wipers? I'm not sure, I'll ask when I drop it off. I hope they can figure this stuff out, I really love the truck otherwise.

Ford F-150 2022 PB going in for repair ... Has anyone had these issues? 1679866978500

Ford F-150 2022 PB going in for repair ... Has anyone had these issues? 1679865701775
Sponsored

scott011422

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a PB 7.2k 4x4 157"
Occupation
Engineer
The service advisor is going to love me... Just curious if any of these are known items? I'm dropping it off on Wednesday and it's just shy of 12K miles. Overall I love the truck but this stuff is starting to grate on me...

1. Trailer Brake Module Fault - Every single time I start the truck. The blinkers flash fast in the truck but look normal outside. I do tow trailers pretty often but nothing with brakes.

2. Android Auto with Waze worked great until the latest update. Now if you move the music over the larger side of the screen and move it back it will screw up waze with either these blocks on the screen or it will lose all the menu items. I can reproduce this pretty much any time. I have a Pixel 6 Pro and it does it both wirelessly and wired. I've tried updating the phone, deleting and reinstalling to the truck with BT, etc.

3. This is my 4th Ford with auto climate control and all the others I set at 71-72 and never touch it. This thing is all over the place, I need to lower it down to 62 just to not get blasted out of the truck with heat. I feel like I'm always moving it up and down and something doesn't seem right. Notice the temp in the display above is 62 which is 10 degrees cooler than my Wife's explorer and my 2015 F150.

4. As spring is approaching, I rolled the front windows down for the first time in a few months. When I used the one touch up to close them, the windows went all the way up and then immediately all the way back down into the door. I tried this a few times before finally slowly bumping both windows up with light taps on the switch. When you get to the top, if you go to far they will roll back down again automatically.

5. I have the auto folding tow mirrors and maybe 1 out 20 starts, the passenger side mirrior will not open but stays closed against the door. I have to go through the process of folding them in and then out to get it to work.

6. I assume every new car requires you to step on the brake pedal in order for the engine to start? The last 20 cars I've owned have been that way so I know how to put my foot on the brake and press the engine start button. On this truck, 1 in 5 times it will go into accessory mode like you didn't touch the brake and then I have to press the brake harder and start it again. Not a big deal once or twice, but when it happens 5-6 times a week for a year it turns into a pain the ass.

I think there is a recall notice as well about the wipers? I'm not sure, I'll ask when I drop it off. I hope they can figure this stuff out, I really love the truck otherwise.
1) Is common and a known issue. There is a TSB on it. Dealer will fix it.
2) N\A
3) I have the same issue. I got my truck last Good Friday. Thats AC time here in illinois. Was very, Very happy with the Auto Climate. But once it got cold and I needed to start using the heater? BLOWS. I see pretty much the same issues that you do. On longer trips, Got to be 61. and 61 is pretty warm too!
4) you need to reteach your auto windows. I don't have the procedure at the moment, But its in the owners manual.
5) Same problem with the drivers side in the summer. Haven't taken it in yet.
6) I've noticed the same. As I've noticed and played with it over almost the last year I've noticed the PB wants to see a healthy amount of force. Enough force to turn on the brake lights isn't enough anymore. If I use at least half the pedal, Never happens.

There is a recall on the wipers. However they don't have many parts, so they are only replacing faulty units at this time.

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL

1679865945865.png

1679865704161.png

1679866978500.png

1679865701775.png
No paets yet for wiper motor issue. By chance do you have a second key hiding in the car somewhere. I have a 21 PB when a second key is in car , lots of weird stuff happened. I got a faraday pouch for the key so its invisible to the system .

SCTYDOG

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Escape Hybrid, 2015 CMax Hybrid, 2003 T-Bird
Occupation
Computer Forensic Examiner
I have the exact same issue with my HVAC. It has only happened a few times though. I'm not entirely sure, but I think it's only done that when using the Auto 3 speed button.

My old Escape I would set the AC to 72 to be comfortable, but in my 22 Platinum PB I have to drop it down to like 66 regardless if using manual or auto fan speeds for equal comfort.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Not sure of your update status but there's been loads of updates to the trucks. If you take it to a dealer there's a 9/10 chance they'll simply do the limited updates for your issues and send you on your way. Might ask them to run through your updates -- all of them.

Sponsored

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
As others have said, the trailer module is a known software issue; I believe mine was fixed with an OTA update one night while I was asleep.

I have the same issue with needing to apply the brakes a second time to start, and it does seem to be more common than the first six months or so that I had it. It's an annoyance, but I guess first world problems? 🤷

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
The service advisor is going to love me... Just curious if any of these are known items? I'm dropping it off on Wednesday and it's just shy of 12K miles.
Post your vin and we can take a look at what they did / what's left.
Sponsored