2022 F150 Platinum Major Electrical Issues

joeniosi

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Picked up my new 22 F150 Platinum Sept 14th. Noticed within a week one of the LED's on the driver headlight assembly was flickering. Booked into service Oct 11th. Dealer found "loose connection" which was "repaired". Couple days later, notice headlight flicker still present. Then I get restraints indicator lamp warning(airbag light), related to the occupant classification system module fault in Fordpass. Fordpass also notified me of battery low, deep sleep mode several times. Rebook Service Oct 20th. Headlight assembly is ordered, and restraints module is replaced but does not fix problem. Battery has failed and also needed to be replaced. Now power running boards stop working. Return Oct 24th. Headlight assembly replaced, and new part installed for restraints control system(airbag light) installed. Still does not fix problem. Ordered seat cushion sensor - no parts available, and no ETA(special order and must be manufactured). I'm told if Airbag light is on, the airbag system is completely disabled. I have had this truck for 5 weeks, and it's completely undrivable...
Sponsored

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
My 2021 has it's share of electrical issues too and cant keep out of the shop for very long. If i had confidence in the 2023's, I'd order one just to get rid of this one. Been waiting for a new APIM module for over 6 month now, which i'm told will fix all the issues on my "Ford though" truck

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Picked up my new 22 F150 Platinum Sept 14th. Noticed within a week one of the LED's on the driver headlight assembly was flickering. Booked into service Oct 11th. Dealer found "loose connection" which was "repaired". Couple days later, notice headlight flicker still present. Then I get restraints indicator lamp warning(airbag light), related to the occupant classification system module fault in Fordpass. Fordpass also notified me of battery low, deep sleep mode several times. Rebook Service Oct 20th. Headlight assembly is ordered, and restraints module is replaced but does not fix problem. Battery has failed and also needed to be replaced. Now power running boards stop working. Return Oct 24th. Headlight assembly replaced, and new part installed for restraints control system(airbag light) installed. Still does not fix problem. Ordered seat cushion sensor - no parts available, and no ETA(special order and must be manufactured). I'm told if Airbag light is on, the airbag system is completely disabled. I have had this truck for 5 weeks, and it's completely undrivable...
Sounds a lot like a grounding issue for many of these. I want to say there's a process to disable the rear airbag/seatbelt. The one I am thinking of has a bunch of steps and but may help. You can disable the rear seat belt minder off in Forscan as well and that may work as a temporary workaround until the sensor (if that's indeed faulty) can be replaced.

May try resetting all the modules with Forscan and see if it helps.

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi there, Joe! I can look into your F-150’s concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your F-150’s VIN?

axial_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat Powerboost
These electrical issues seem to be a theme with the newer F150s. I started a similar thread with a litany of issues that dealers have been unable to repair after almost two years.

Did you ever find an effective resolution?

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
These electrical issues seem to be a theme with the newer F150s. I started a similar thread with a litany of issues that dealers have been unable to repair after almost two years.

Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your F-150 concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP

joeniosi

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum

Hi,

Yea but it took a while. The headlight flicker was a "programming" thing. The restraint/airbag issue took weeks to troubleshoot and repair, turned out to be an issue with the passenger seatbelt which was replaced. First they "fixed" an issue with the wiring harness at the seatbelt, but the problem returned. Replacement of the seatbelt fixed the issue.

I also ended up with the exploding static sound through the speakers(if you search you will find), which was also a "programming" recall.

Wiper motors replaced under recall, and now there is a "chaffing" issue recall, with a wiring harness that could cause the parking brake to spontaneously engage while driving. Waiting on parts for that one!

I love the truck, but christ....

axial_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat Powerboost
At least you’re making progress! We are almost two years into ownership and issues from the trucks in-service date have still not been resolved. Horrendous.

PatchManager

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer
Hi,

Yea but it took a while. The headlight flicker was a "programming" thing. The restraint/airbag issue took weeks to troubleshoot and repair, turned out to be an issue with the passenger seatbelt which was replaced. First they "fixed" an issue with the wiring harness at the seatbelt, but the problem returned. Replacement of the seatbelt fixed the issue.

I also ended up with the exploding static sound through the speakers(if you search you will find), which was also a "programming" recall.

Wiper motors replaced under recall, and now there is a "chaffing" issue recall, with a wiring harness that could cause the parking brake to spontaneously engage while driving. Waiting on parts for that one!

I love the truck, but christ....
Thank you for the update. It is a benefit to everyone to know how issues are fixed.
Sponsored