First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Teacher/Coach
My headlight covers look like someone threw a bunch of little rocks at them. Very small hairline like fractures all over them. The blue on my Ford emblem on front grill is fading and turning white.....and I have the most annoying rattle sound in the cab of the truck that I hear when I hit bumps but it does not happen every time I am in the truck. I have some trips where it happens and then the next trip nothing. Between these things and the coolant level I posted about below I feel like I am gonna lose my mind and the truck only has 4K miles on it.
Sponsored

Poalpo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Can you share photos of these defects? Headlamp cracks/logo fading? It helps when one can see the damage and ford customer service rep is also monitoring this forum, they might be able to help.

OP
OP

cdavis

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Teacher/Coach
Ford F-150 2021 F150 Platinum Multiple Issues 6C160E0C-577F-44CE-BA90-2D3A76355D7A

OP
OP

cdavis

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Teacher/Coach
Ford F-150 2021 F150 Platinum Multiple Issues BC792A38-1E8B-4E6A-942D-D9D2DB38251A

Poalpo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

Those are serious cosmetic defects on a brand new vehicle. Cracking headlamp is more than cosmetic actually as it might spread further and crack more. I don’t see any reason why any dealership would refuse to get it replaced under warranty. But i agree with you that it is extremely upsetting to see small damage like that. I’m about to order a platinum and this is very disappointing to see.

For the coolant post, are you able to see any drips on the ground, to pinpoint the location? It’s got to be going somewhere, and it can’t go inside your cab i think, not coolant.

Sponsored

OP
OP

cdavis

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Teacher/Coach
no drips anywhere

OP
OP

cdavis

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Teacher/Coach
dealer told me Ford would kick it back because of how few miles are on vehicle….told me to wait until about 10k miles

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
dealer told me Ford would kick it back because of how few miles are on vehicle….told me to wait until about 10k miles
I'd be going to another dealer, that's ridiculous! What on earth does mileage have to do with either of those issues?

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
Those are serious cosmetic defects on a brand new vehicle. Cracking headlamp is more than cosmetic actually as it might spread further and crack more. I don’t see any reason why any dealership would refuse to get it replaced under warranty. But i agree with you that it is extremely upsetting to see small damage like that. I’m about to order a platinum and this is very disappointing to see.

For the coolant post, are you able to see any drips on the ground, to pinpoint the location? It’s got to be going somewhere, and it can’t go inside your cab i think, not coolant.
Coolant can indeed end up in your cab when you heater core leaks, but you will smell it and it will appear as a mist and coating on your windshield. Not something you want to happen. I can't believe his dealer told him to wait on the headlight cracking, but some dealers are like that while others will fight tooth and nail to get you help.

Sponsored

allJUMPstyle

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1964 VW Bug, 1963 VW Doublecab, 2021 F-150 ordered
You should probably go to a different dealer. Those both look like manufacturer defects to me.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My headlight covers look like someone threw a bunch of little rocks at them. Very small hairline like fractures all over them. The blue on my Ford emblem on front grill is fading and turning white.....and I have the most annoying rattle sound in the cab of the truck that I hear when I hit bumps but it does not happen every time I am in the truck. I have some trips where it happens and then the next trip nothing. Between these things and the coolant level I posted about below I feel like I am gonna lose my mind and the truck only has 4K miles on it.
Hi there, Clay! Sounds like you're experiencing a few issues with your Truck– If you'd like to, go ahead and send a private message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’d be more than happy to look into this for you. Thanks!

bito

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 21 Iconic Silver STX
thats awesome ford responds to cosmetic defects but ignores all the other posts about people having mechanical issues and not being able to drive their brand new $45,000+ dollar vehicles.

Maggioa

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mazda CX 5, 2018 Hyundai
Occupation
Retired Air Force, Currently a Federal Employee

When I picked up my truck I didn’t notice that there were scratches going up and down my rear door windows until a few days later. I only seen them because the sun hit the truck just right.
I brought the truck in to the service department and the service tech told me there is nothing they can do. Because the scratches occur sometimes due to the window going up and down. I did mention to him that the truck was only in my possession for a few days and that was unacceptable. Again, he said there was nothing he could do.
Since I have used this dealership for years I wrote the president of the dealership and by that afternoon I had two rear windows on order. It’s amazing when you explain your displeasure of service and what you are being told to the president how things miraculously happen to go from there there is nothing we can do to you have two new windows on order.

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Small hairline like "cracks" on light covers could possibly be caused by an old microfiber towel leaving fiber residue. I discovered this problem using an old towel to clean my glasses. Just a thought!
Are you saying a microfiber towel can cause actual cracks or leave residue that looks like cracks? No way those cracks in the OP's headlights were caused by a microfiber towel.
Sponsored