First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Subaru Forester
Occupation
Data Guy
Any chance that someone could snap some pictures of the '21 supercab rear cabin with the seats down and folded up? Having trouble finding what I'm looking for online... Trying to get an idea of how much more usable that space would be vs a SuperCrew Ranger. Any pix are appreciated.
Sponsored

SteveJ2477

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XL STX
I was about to take a few pics but re-read that your looking for a SuperCab. I’ve got a SuperCrew. Perhaps running by local dealership that has one?

OP
OP

staryoshi

First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Subaru Forester
Occupation
Data Guy
I was about to take a few pics but re-read that your looking for a SuperCab. I’ve got a SuperCrew. Perhaps running by local dealership that has one?
In an ideal world that'd be the plan, but pickins are sparce out here. I had a chance to see a SuperCrew F150 in person.

It looks like the scab has almost as much legroom as a screw ranger, but the 150 has seats that fold up and at a 60/40 which the ranger doesn't, so I'm trying to estimate the utility it provides...

It's been hard to find pictures or in person models to check.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Another aspect is shoulder room, the Ranger is pretty snug for me; while in the F-150, I feel small! The weird thing is that external dimensions aren't that dramatically different.

One reason why I excluded the Ranger from my options when looking for a truck was that it didn't feel comfortable on the highway and the 4cyl engine vibration was super annoying.

Some of the dealership YouTube channels have in depth tours of the various configurations, you might have some luck there.

Also, if you are looking at Ranger, check out the Maverick. I haven't seen one in person yet but the specifications are impressive and the base truck is around $20K. I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes as popular as the Taurus was 30 years ago, hopefully Ford is prepared to build as many as people want.

Sponsored

OP
OP

staryoshi

First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Subaru Forester
Occupation
Data Guy
Another aspect is shoulder room, the Ranger is pretty snug for me; while in the F-150, I feel small! The weird thing is that external dimensions aren't that dramatically different.

One reason why I excluded the Ranger from my options when looking for a truck was that it didn't feel comfortable on the highway and the 4cyl engine vibration was super annoying.

Some of the dealership YouTube channels have in depth tours of the various configurations, you might have some luck there.

Also, if you are looking at Ranger, check out the Maverick. I haven't seen one in person yet but the specifications are impressive and the base truck is around $20K. I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes as popular as the Taurus was 30 years ago, hopefully Ford is prepared to build as many as people want.
I've actually driven all 3. Mav would be perfect if it didn't sit lower than my Forester and was a bit more capable. It's gonna be a hit, particularly for city folk and older folk, but it's not quite what I want

I don't want as much truck as the F-150, but I like its customizability, tech, interior space, and economy for the size. Leaning SCAB to save some bucks and to get the 6.5' bed.

My ideal truck is the Ranger redesign but I can't wait 2 more years.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Here is a couple of shots. Can take more later today if needed
Ford F-150 2021 Supercab Rear Cabin Down
Ford F-150 2021 Supercab Rear Cabin U

OP
OP

staryoshi

First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Subaru Forester
Occupation
Data Guy
Here is a couple of shots. Can take more later today if needed.
That is exactly what I wanted, thanks so much! Makes visualizing the usable space easier for me.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
That is exactly what I wanted, thanks so much! Makes visualizing the usable space easier for me.
Welcome...I didn't get the truck to haul passengers and I like having the 6.5 foot box or 8 foot when tailgate down. Also, I am 6 ft so the seat is back about half way.

Sponsored

OP
OP

staryoshi

First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Subaru Forester
Occupation
Data Guy
Welcome...I didn't get the truck to haul passengers and I like having the 6.5 foot box or 8 foot when tailgate down. Also, I am 6 ft so the seat is back about half way.
The scab is pretty close in rear legroom to the Ranger and I can build a tricked out STX with the 2.7 for not much more than a loaded Ranger... So I'm scrutinizing every detail that's important to me to make a decision.

My only rear passenger is a big newfoundland pup anyway :)

Darkjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, CR-V
Occupation
God of Tech
I have put full size adults in the back of mine. The pass seat does generally go forward a bit for added leg room.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
That paneling in the background——this pickup parked in your front room?
And besides..... you really think the wife would let me park in the house????? LMAO
Sponsored