Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
2021 Lariat Powerboost
Leveled with ICON Stage 2 (2.63") with tubular UCAs
Fuel Hype 18x8.5 +10
BFG KO2 35x12.5x18
Front crash bars removed
3/4" bumper spacers

I still need to trim some of the plastic, create a little more clearance at the rear crash bars, and possibly remove the air dam. But everything fits great so far.

Ford F-150 2021 Powerboost Leveled with 35's MicrosoftTeams-image (3)
Sponsored

PNeWb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 157 Iconic Silver
How is the crash bar clearance if you turn to the closest point while the suspension is compressed?

I test fit a set of 295/70-r28s on a 18x9 +18MM offset wheel and at stock height (simulating compression with a level) I saw enough rubbing on the front crash bar to downsize to a 285.

OP
OP

pleong

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The crash bars are removed. So I guess there’s a ton of clearance? Lol

Riderdie757

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Expedition, Explorer, F150
2021 Lariat Powerboost
Leveled with ICON Stage 2 (2.63") with tubular UCAs
Fuel Hype 18x8.5 +10
BFG KO2 35x12.5x18
Front crash bars removed
3/4" bumper spacers

I still need to trim some of the plastic, create a little more clearance at the rear crash bars, and possibly remove the air dam. But everything fits great so far.

MicrosoftTeams-image (3).jpg

I've gone down an abysmal route of fox 21+ with two installs (2nd one to adjust for more height), still no where close on my powerboost.

Icon seemed to be the answer but no vendors claim to have experience or knowledge with measurement of threads to get a defined level or rise.

Extatic to see yours with Icon and a descent amount of change on the front!

Did you install out of the box or adjust?

Thanks

OP
OP

pleong

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I've gone down an abysmal route of fox 21+ with two installs (2nd one to adjust for more height), still no where close on my powerboost.

Icon seemed to be the answer but no vendors claim to have experience or knowledge with measurement of threads to get a defined level or rise.

Extatic to see yours with Icon and a descent amount of change on the front!

Did you install out of the box or adjust?

Thanks
Unfortunately, I don’t have the time anymore to do these things myself. I had 4WheelParts install it for me, so I’m not sure if it was out of the box or if they adjusted it. I’ve been meaning to check on the thread to see if it’s at the max. You can also get ICON springs with a heavier spring rate that’ll give you more height without maxing out the threads. But they do say it’s made for aftermarket bumpers or trucks with winches. It may create a stiffer ride without something heavier up front.

Sponsored

Riderdie757

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Expedition, Explorer, F150
Unfortunately, I don’t have the time anymore to do these things myself. I had 4WheelParts install it for me, so I’m not sure if it was out of the box or if they adjusted it. I’ve been meaning to check on the thread to see if it’s at the max. You can also get ICON springs with a heavier spring rate that’ll give you more height without maxing out the threads. But they do say it’s made for aftermarket bumpers or trucks with winches. It may create a stiffer ride without something heavier up front.

I appreciate your reply and share your sentiments, 4 wheel parts has done mine also. From my experience with them, they are not going to adjust or modify a coilover without direction from the client (at least my local shop). Then they call the manufacturer and get the suggested rotations.

I know icons now come with a 550 pb spring whereas they used to have a 600. The kit should ship with 1.5 inches of thread from the top of the spring collar to the bottom of the perch. IF you are feeling flexible, I'd love to know what yours measures. I was thinking about cranking it up just below there "loss or ride comfort" which I believe is 1.75 inches. However if yours wasn't adjusted, I shouldn't have to adjust mine to sit level.

Thanks

OP
OP

pleong

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I appreciate your reply and share your sentiments, 4 wheel parts has done mine also. From my experience with them, they are not going to adjust or modify a coilover without direction from the client (at least my local shop). Then they call the manufacturer and get the suggested rotations.

I know icons now come with a 550 pb spring whereas they used to have a 600. The kit should ship with 1.5 inches of thread from the top of the spring collar to the bottom of the perch. IF you are feeling flexible, I'd love to know what yours measures. I was thinking about cranking it up just below there "loss or ride comfort" which I believe is 1.75 inches. However if yours wasn't adjusted, I shouldn't have to adjust mine to sit level.

Thanks
I plan to get out there with my calipers to measure. Maybe if I get a spare moment tomorrow. These are the springs I was told would work but needed something heavy up front. These are rated 700lb

https://iconvehicledynamics.com/accessory/15585/icon-accessories-coil-spring-140003000700-black/

OP
OP

pleong

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Thanks
Just went out to check and you're right! it's set at about 1.5"

zx6roclet

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 tremor
Did you have the fender badge Painted to match at a local paint shop?? CLEAN!!!

OP
OP

pleong

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did you have the fender badge Painted to match at a local paint shop?? CLEAN!!!
The fender badges were actually done by a shop I found on ebay.
Sponsored