Sponsored

2021 F150 Crooked hitch causing tow issues with camper and anti sway bars / front bumper off by 3.5cm

caseyelite1

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 4x4 3.5 V6 Ecoboost
Hello,

New here.

I purchased a new F-150 last month 2021 XLT 4x4 off road package 3.5 V6.

The front bumper is off by 3.5 cm to the left (like it was installed shifted to the left 3.5 cm.) This does not affect function.
The main issue I am having is the hitch and rear bumper is lower on the passenger side by about 1 CM.
This may not sound like a lot but it is enough to cause issues with the "anti-sway" bars on my camper trailer. (They pop off under extreme tension due to the uneven hitch/ bumper on truck.) I have had two different hitch install companies look at this and they advised to take to Ford before they touch it.
So, I did, and after getting 2 week wait times for a tech to just look at it, the answer has been along the lines of (oh well that's normal factory stuff)
Uh, dude no. It may be factory defect but it needs to be fixed.

Did not notice until the trailer issues so decided to look and measure things and figured it out with a few other body shops in town.
Next time I buy a truck I will measure these things that the naked eye may not catch.

Anyone else experience this? Anyone else have this resolved?

Thanks for any advice / help.

Casey.
Sponsored

OP
OP
caseyelite1

caseyelite1

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, I forgot to add I had the trailer checked out. So that is not the issue.
When hooking up to another trailer the tension on the problem side is the same, further suggesting the hitch / bumper being off is the culprit.
I agree that you wouldn't think that at first but in action it does seem to matter.

Also, the front bumper alignment is so off, I was hoping to see if others have seen large gaps in body panels that are uneven to the other side. "Quality issues" so to speak.

Thanks.

allJUMPstyle

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1964 VW Bug, 1963 VW Doublecab, 2021 F-150 ordered
When was the truck originally built?

OP
OP
caseyelite1

caseyelite1

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
When was the truck originally built?
I would have to look at the manufacture date on it, but I can tell you I purchased it new 2 miles on dash in mid-October.

allJUMPstyle

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1964 VW Bug, 1963 VW Doublecab, 2021 F-150 ordered
I would have to look at the manufacture date on it, but I can tell you I purchased it new 2 miles on dash in mid-October.
If you have the window sticker, it will tell you a blend date. Just wondering if it was when all the shutdowns and employee issues were happening.
Sponsored