Sponsored

2021 F-15 Gas mileage ⬇️

Plattypuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost Rapid red
This morning the ambient temperature dropped from low 40’s to low 30’s f. I decided to auto start my truck and let it warm up for longer. Even though it was in eco idle (high idle) for 5-10 minutes more than my typical start up procedure, I got 2 mpg better than my normal commute. No change in driving style. I did notice that I was able to use the all electric mode for longer as the battery was well charged from idle.

clearly this needs more data points to develop a trend, but FYI for other powerboost owners that this may help improve fuel economy in cold weather.
This makes sense as it’s warming everything up including the battery but as mentioned above it doesn’t calculate mpg while remote started. So I’m summary does it save you gas money? Only ways to know are to hand calculate or remote start the old school way (go start it and come back inside).
Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
this would make sense with miles per gallon, but does it take take off the range of you sit for two hours?
It probably will once you start driving again. I can't say if it lowers range while just idling as I barely let my truck sit and idle.

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 & 22F150 limited, 21 Ram 1500 limited EcoDiesel
This morning the ambient temperature dropped from low 40’s to low 30’s f. I decided to auto start my truck and let it warm up for longer. Even though it was in eco idle (high idle) for 5-10 minutes more than my typical start up procedure, I got 2 mpg better than my normal commute. No change in driving style. I did notice that I was able to use the all electric mode for longer as the battery was well charged from idle.

clearly this needs more data points to develop a trend, but FYI for other powerboost owners that this may help improve fuel economy in cold weather.
I have noticed that too, when I warm up the engine, I get better mileage

Username00001

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 powerboost xlt 300a
I have a poweboost, xlt and stock was getting 26-28 city and 24 at 70, but with my wrangler duratrac's on an aggressive offset wheel I am getting about 19 at 70mph but on a warm day i have been getting 21 at 70.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Thank you!!! Just was not sure what was going on with the gas mileage. Input premium in it to see if that helped and it did a little bit hurt my wallet. ?
Cold weather and winter fuel sucks for mpg. I see a 4 mpg dip on all my vehicles.
Sponsored