First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Semi retired
Anyone had an issue with the 12' screen flickering and going black while driving? It has only done it once and I did get it on video. 965 miles on the truck.
Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Just curious, was it on a day/night mode change? My sync3 would do that for a second when changing from day/night but I just accepted it.

Dansmn

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Yea, I just had this happen this weekend. When using the nav the screen started glitching and flickering then went black for a moment. Seemed like a connector was loose or something, but then everything went back to normal after a minute or so and hasn't happened since. Hope to hear from others about what could be the issue.
I have had my 2021 Lariat for a month now and this has happened twice already. I took it to the dealer and they replaced my battery and now 2 weeks later my battery is testing low once again.
not a good start!1

Elkhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Yes, I had the same issue. I was running it in night mode. I actually took a video. It flickered and went black two or three times. I turned. Off the truck and felt the screen....its was warm almost hot to the touch. If you want to see the video I'll post it.

LIVRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer, escape
Occupation
Engineer
Yes, I had the same issue. I was running it in night mode. I actually took a video. It flickered and went black two or three times. I turned. Off the truck and felt the screen....its was warm almost hot to the touch. If you want to see the video I'll post it.
Yes, post please!

Sponsored

Elkhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Not sure why it won't let me attach. I'll work on it. I keep getting an error. Its only 17 sec long

Stylwire

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 5.0 4WD
Occupation
Driver
Mine just did this too. XLT 302a. Just got back from a 5 hour drive. (Longest drive so far). Maybe screen got hot?

Elkhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Mine just did this too. XLT 302a. Just got back from a 5 hour drive. (Longest drive so far). Maybe screen got hot?
I was in my truck for a few hours .... could be the reason, but its not an excuse. Don't the do R&D on this type of stuff?

Elkhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
I had the screen flicker/blackout happen again. This time my truck was sitting for a few hours and it was way worse then last time. Anyone else?

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Note to self: don’t drive for more than 5 hrs in my brand new truck.
sorry bad joke, I really hope that gets figured out for you. I ordered the same truck and this is just another issue I have to look forward to. Gonna blame it on the wife because she insisted on the 302a for the 12” screen when I wanted the STX model.

Sponsored

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Note to self: don’t drive for more than 5 hrs in my brand new truck.
sorry bad joke, I really hope that gets figured out for you. I ordered the same truck and this is just another issue I have to look forward to. Gonna blame it on the wife because she insisted on the 302a for the 12” screen when I wanted the STX model.
I had the screen flicker/blackout happen again. This time my truck was sitting for a few hours and it was way worse then last time. Anyone else?
Oh man, another note to self: don’t let the new truck sit for more than a few hours. This is nuts. I need a beer.

Elkhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Anyone had an issue with the 12' screen flickering and going black while driving? It has only done it once and I did get it on video. 965 miles on the truck.
Have you had it happen again?

Rich55Marshall

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Platinum PowerBoost 4X4
Occupation
Retired custom picture framer & Apple Expert
Yes! Just happened to me this morning. 301 miles on my Platinum PB. The display went black for a couple of hours, but I just started it up and all seems fine now. I’ve got a service appointment on Wednesday to have them check it out.

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost FX4
I noticed a slight flickering one day on my PB Platinum built on 01/28/21. Has not happened again since I noticed it. Certainly something I'll be keeping my eye on.

OP
OP

Dan Klindt

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Semi retired
Have you had it happen again?
I have not had the back screen happen since, but just last week it turned Blue.... I guess they are going to be like computers..... Turn the truck off and let it reset and then it will work fine.

Ford F-150 12 inch screen flicker on 2021 Platinum tempImageXn6A52
Sponsored