First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F350 Lariat
Occupation
SMI
Just got my 2021 F350 Lariat 3 weeks ago. Had it for 4 days and screen started glitching. Would start automatically saving songs on the sirusXM radio and would kick to the navigation and start jumping around. Took it into the dealer and they had it for 2 weeks. They Replaced the APIM. Had it for 3 days and started glitching again. Anyone else having similar problems? I noticed a lot have said there’s is blacking out mine has not done that.
Sponsored

SteveP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A package
Occupation
Technical Account Manager
Anyone had an issue with the 12' screen flickering and going black while driving? It has only done it once and I did get it on video. 965 miles on the truck.
2000 miles on my XLT with 302A package. Started the truck this morning and within 2 mins the screen flickered 4 - 5 times and then appeared to operate as normal. In daylight so wasn't try to change to "night mode".

z33Benny

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
This has happened to me multiple times, my truck has about 2200 miles on it XLT FX4 w/302a. I've got probably like 4 or 5 videos but all are too long to post because it happens for minutes at a time. It flickers and goes black on and off during day or night time; while I'm driving or at idle. Kind of sucks for a brand new truck.

bpost

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Anyone had an issue with the 12' screen flickering and going black while driving? It has only done it once and I did get it on video. 965 miles on the truck.
Just had this issue on Sunday. Have 150 miles on my new Limited.

bpost

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Mine just did this too. XLT 302a. Just got back from a 5 hour drive. (Longest drive so far). Maybe screen got hot?
This just happened to me on five minute drive so the screen definitely was not over heated.

Also, I had my Iphone attached via bluetooth and was playing a youtube video. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Flyboy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch PowerBoost
2021 F-150 King Ranch, PowerBoost, 3200 miles. I have had the sections of the screen black out on two driving occasions. The sections that black out change every couple of seconds. The problems continue until I shut the vehicle down and restart the vehicle. Using an iPhone 12 Pro on Apple Carplay. Hoping this is a software issue that can be corrected. Has anyone received an "over the air" software update that they are aware of?

JOliver

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4
Had my 2021 f150 lariat for almost a month and this just happened. Was stuck on one Sirius channel, only the volume worked but nothing else. The rear view camera still came on in reverse. All buttons on the right side on the wheel didn't work and the power button didn't work. Let it sit for 20 mins and everything worked again. Definitely not a heat issue as I was only driving for a couple mins. It was right at dawn so maybe it's a glitch going from night to day mode? Curious if it will keep happening.

Joeur14

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 2.7 xlt sport screw
Occupation
Construction / Brazilian jiu jitsu
Yes it’s happened to me a few times!

Flyboy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch PowerBoost
2021 F-150 King Ranch, PowerBoost, 3200 miles. I have had the sections of the screen black out on two driving occasions. The sections that black out change every couple of seconds. The problems continue until I shut the vehicle down and restart the vehicle. Using an iPhone 12 Pro on Apple Carplay. Hoping this is a software issue that can be corrected. Has anyone received an "over the air" software update that they are aware of?
Same issue on my 2021 F-150 King Ranch PowerBoost with 5500 miles on it. Exactly as you described. Put 1600 miles on it in the past week and no issues.

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
Had my 2021 f150 lariat for almost a month and this just happened. Was stuck on one Sirius channel, only the volume worked but nothing else. The rearview camera still came on in reverse. All buttons on the right side of the wheel didn't work and the power button didn't work. Let it sit for 20 mins and everything worked again. Definitely not a heat issue as I was only driving for a couple of mins. It was right at dawn so maybe it's a glitch going from night to day mode? Curious if it will keep happening.
A similar thing happened. Dealer picked it up today at my house, and according to the computer, there are two modules that could be bad. To be honest, not sure if it is the exact same thing as others, but very similar. I will post more when I find out. My dealer service is pretty good about sharing information, so if I can get him to talk long enough, and not too technical, I will let you know what he all says.

Sponsored

Cmpeiffer

First Name
Michele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Fiesta, Ranger
2021 F-150 Lariat - mine has done this numerous times since we purchased it in January. It hasn’t done it in a while, but today it has done it twice on a trip from Corvallis, OR to Seattle. It completely shuts off & reboots. Very frustrating!!

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
A similar thing happened. Dealer picked it up today at my house, and according to the computer, there are two modules that could be bad. To be honest, not sure if it is the exact same thing as others, but very similar. I will post more when I find out. My dealer service is pretty good about sharing information, so if I can get him to talk long enough, and not too technical, I will let you know what he all says.
update: ended up being a defective wiring harness which was replaced. Not sure anymore at this time.

mattchops

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Mine just started to do this today. Has this continued for anyone or did it require a trip to the dealer?

collinvon

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Boxster S, 2021 F150 Platinum
Just happened to my Platinum for the first time today. I did get a couple ten second or so video clips. I haven't reached out to the dealer yet. Has anyone here found a resolution that works?

mattchops

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Just happened to my Platinum for the first time today. I did get a couple ten second or so video clips. I haven't reached out to the dealer yet. Has anyone here found a resolution that works?
Mine went black a few times like that, but mostly the screen shook. It's only done it that one time, but who knows. It's probably going to require a trip to the dealer. Not sure if it's a loose connection or something else.
Sponsored