Screen issues on 12 inch screen

CharlieNH

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2021
I have to make a specific package per vin. Send me your vin and I can provide a package for your vin.
I have the smaller screen, which all of a sudden has stopped showing any life. Stays blank. Tried resetting various ways: volume+seek button, unplugging certain fuses, disconnecting battery. My dealer is in different state and no help on phone, and local dealer can't schedule me until September. From your correspondence I get the impression that I may be able to reboot and reset by booting from a flash drive with specific software for my truck. Is that correct? If so, it seems that perhaps you can produce such a software fix. That would be so much appreciated if possible.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
VIN: 1FTFW1E80MFB78653 Thanks for your help on this. How do you have the ability to do this? Are you connected with Ford in some way or just a tech genius?
I can answer the question from my viewpoint. :)

Jesse IS a tech guru, especially on the Gen14 F150 platform. His own personal project to purchase an XL trim F150 and then update with many features only available on higher trims was something he shared generously with the forum.
Add to that the Ford OTA debacle, and his expertise of how to manage the needed/desired updates yourself took on a life of its own.

There is a huge thread here on the forum documenting the success of many many truck owners solving these issues without the dealership or Ford OTA playing a role.

Jesse has rescued quite a few of us when unexpected events cropped up. Similar to the one that initiated this thread.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Would it be beneficial to pick a convenient time, hook up a charger and just schedule it to update when you can monitor it? If this is even possible or could it mess something up?

stlarsen21

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I can answer the question from my viewpoint. :)

Jesse IS a tech guru, especially on the Gen14 F150 platform. His own personal project to purchase an XL trim F150 and then update with many features only available on higher trims was something he shared generously with the forum.
Add to that the Ford OTA debacle, and his expertise of how to manage the needed/desired updates yourself took on a life of its own.

There is a huge thread here on the forum documenting the success of many many truck owners solving these issues without the dealership or Ford OTA playing a role.

Jesse has rescued quite a few of us when unexpected events cropped up. Similar to the one that initiated this thread.
@Snakebitten Thanks for your viewpoint. I might have to take Jesse out for Steak dinner when I am in Dallas next month. Appreciate the info for sure.

OP
OP

CardsFan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SuperCrew
Dealer told me that it was the APIM chip that had “shorted” and ordered me a new one. I have an appointment on Wednesday this week to get it replaced. If it really was just a software push issue I am going to be pretty disappointed. This is the second time already that they have replaced the APIM chip. Concerning.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
You don't know me and I'm just some old man on the internet...... But...... It's not your APIM. It wasn't the first time either.

Statistically speaking, someone actually will have a defective APIM and I will be wrong.
Hasn't happened yet. Lol

OP
OP

CardsFan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SuperCrew
I believe it. My first thought was failed update or partial update, which is what it sounds like it was. I am concerned about the dealerships / service departments with all of the new tech that is coming out quickly. I just don’t know if they have kept up with the technology in these vehicles and just say it's the components because they don’t know how to debug the problem.

Last edited:

Hog_Johnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Dealer told me that it was the APIM chip that had “shorted” and ordered me a new one. I have an appointment on Wednesday this week to get it replaced. If it really was just a software push issue I am going to be pretty upset. This is the second time already that they have replaced the APIM chip. Concerning.
Can confirm it's not the APIM. I had the exact same issue this past weekend and everything is good now after installing the correct software from Jesse.

Ford F-150 Screen issues on 12 inch screen 20220729_153543

Ford F-150 Screen issues on 12 inch screen 20220729_153658

Ford F-150 Screen issues on 12 inch screen 20220729_151052

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

Sponsored

Jimib

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Mechanic
1FTFW1E53MFB78989
Thank you very much. Ford dealer is 6 weeks out for appointments 🙄

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
1FTFW1E53MFB78989
Thank you very much. Ford dealer is 6 weeks out for appointments 🙄
I believe it.. Ill send them in a few.

Jimib

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Mechanic
I greatly appreciate it!

OP
OP

CardsFan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SuperCrew
Dealer did install a new APIM chip and the issue is resolved (mostly). My guess is that it was just the actual re-install of the software versus the replacement of the chip, but regardless, it is working again.
Sponsored