11/21/22 - Build Week - MY 23

jpsmitty16

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I’m not sure what to set my expectations to, but this process doesn’t have me wanting to build every year anymore. Ford has lost my frequency of business because of the process this year.

I hope you get your truck by the date of your expectations. At least I have company in this purgatory!
Why would you be building a truck every year?
Sponsored

1Dippin

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Why would you be building a truck every year?
I do a truck build every 2, maybe 3 years. Then a SUV build for my wife, every 2 to 3 years. The years over lap so generally it’s a build a year.

I guess to answer the question, it’s not necessary at all. Just something that we enjoy doing, but the process this year has taken all the enjoyment out of it.

jpsmitty16

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I do a truck build every 2, maybe 3 years. Then a SUV build for my wife, every 2 to 3 years. The years over lap so generally it’s a build a year.

I guess to answer the question, it’s not necessary at all. Just something that we enjoy doing, but the process this year has taken all the enjoyment out of it.
Ahh gotcha. This is my first build and not the best experience. I ordered originally on 3/29/22

1Dippin

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Ahh gotcha. This is my first build and not the best experience. I ordered originally on 3/29/22
I am really sorry to hear that. When I hear stories, such as yours, I feel I don’t have a reason to complain. I made my order in July, months after you. I hope Ford can do what’s right by your expectations so they have a satisfied customer. You deserve the truck you ordered, almost a year ago.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
Ford was kind enough to email me (at 8pm on Dec 27th) that my new eta is Dec 23 - Dec 29. Who is running this clown show at Ford and how do they still have their job?
I got the same email with the same dates and message just now too.
has to be a computer generated form letter.

Sponsored

jjackamn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 PB Lariat Delivered 2/14/23
Occupation
Service
Ford was kind enough to email me (at 8pm on Dec 27th) that my new eta is Dec 23 - Dec 29. Who is running this clown show at Ford and how do they still have their job?
I just got the same email

jpsmitty16

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I am really sorry to hear that. When I hear stories, such as yours, I feel I don’t have a reason to complain. I made my order in July, months after you. I hope Ford can do what’s right by your expectations so they have a satisfied customer. You deserve the truck you ordered, almost a year ago.
I’m fine with it as they are price matching my order from then, only issue is they are not honoring incentives/interest rates. Still trying to fight that one. But I’m buying a $75000 truck for $64000 so can’t really complain

melthon

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT BAP Carbonized Grey (Fully Loaded) 3.5
I just reached out to Ford and my ETA was pushed from 12/23-12/29 to now 1/14-1/20. No issues on production so probably just a shipping delay with the rail. No automated email or anything for this adjustment.

F150 hopefull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I hope my'n gets pushed out that far. I am really hoping to make the trek from Iowa to Oregon close to the end of Feb or early march would be ideal.

jpsmitty16

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I hope my'n gets pushed out that far. I am really hoping to make the trek from Iowa to Oregon close to the end of Feb or early march would be ideal.
I’m hoping it gets pushed out as long as possible at this point too. I live in buffalo NY and would love to get it after winter. Also the longer it gets put off, the longer I have to pay down my current truck at a 2% interest rate vs 5% or whatever crappy rate is available now

Sponsored

jjackamn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 PB Lariat Delivered 2/14/23
Occupation
Service
I just got called from my salesman (after calling and leaving a message for the new car manager) to let me know my aeTA has been pushed AGAIN. It’s been built since 10/31 and just sitting for two months. No chip holds. It’s been released. The salesman says there is nothing that the dealership or Ford can do. It’s up to the unions. How can Ford send you an email, 11 ETAs and not know what’s going on? Ford had to fix this!

jpsmitty16

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I just got called from my salesman (after calling and leaving a message for the new car manager) to let me know my aeTA has been pushed AGAIN. It’s been built since 10/31 and just sitting for two months. No chip holds. It’s been released. The salesman says there is nothing that the dealership or Ford can do. It’s up to the unions. How can Ford send you an email, 11 ETAs and not know what’s going on? Ford had to fix this!
Like you said ford does not own and operate a delivery company. They simply contract out shipping to third party companies. Not really much ford can do. Not like there’s shipping companies just sitting around doing nothing waiting for a massive contract like ford.

charmai101

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone who walk away from his or her build was able to get their deposit back? I’m considering walking away after 2nd delivery delay.

OP
OP
FTWAggie

FTWAggie

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 F-150 XL, 2008 F-150 XLT, 2023 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Human Resources
Ford chat told me today delivery is pushed back to 1/15. Yay.

F150 hopefull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Anyone who walk away from his or her build was able to get their deposit back? I’m considering walking away after 2nd delivery delay.
That is a dealer choice. I know Granger would not let you walk away. They were up front about it in the beginning.

My local dealer didn't even want a deposit on my 2022 order that ultimately was canceled by ford.
Sponsored