Baseballzg

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Edge, Ordered 2023 F150 Rattler
Through the tracker.
I went through stages of nothing, then showing tracker app to having the sticker active. All related to no additional input from Ford.
What it all means, I don’t know; but it feels like progress🙂
Sticker just appeared... Too impatient I guess
Sponsored

wrgrimes

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch standard; PowerBoost; 2WD; 7.2Kw
Sticker just appeared... Too impatient I guess
Makes it feel like progress 😀
Unfortunately, we may still be a long way from the end.

wrgrimes

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My VIN calculator shows a payload (1787#, just shy of my 1800# goal- 20” wheels cost me, but I am OK)
Each truck is individually weighted with a fuel adjustment.
So, has my truck been built. Tracker still says in production?

hedge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F350
My VIN calculator shows a payload (1787#, just shy of my 1800# goal- 20” wheels cost me, but I am OK)
Mine is showing in the payload calculator as well. My guess is that they know what every component weighs so maybe it's estimating?

Kind of dissapointed with my payload of 1477 (lightly optioned PB Lariat 502A Sport, no sunroof, no power tailgate) . What's your build?

CHAZ 150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ordered 2023 F-150 XL w/HDPP & Max Tow
Where are you finding a "payload calculator"? Thanks

Sponsored

golong93

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 SCrew F-150 FX4, 23 Lariat BAP SCrew ordered
Mine has been in production for about 10 days. My blend date is today so I don’t expect an update for a few days.

wrgrimes

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine is showing in the payload calculator as well. My guess is that they know what every component weighs so maybe it's estimating?

Kind of dissapointed with my payload of 1477 (lightly optioned PB Lariat 502A Sport, no sunroof, no power tailgate) . What's your build?
There are many references to individually weighing the vehicles with a known fuel adjustment.
KR standard, 2WD, 5.5 box, PB, max tow, 360 assist/camera, 7.2kw (20” wheels are now standard)
I’m guessing you have 4wd (260#) and maybe FX4 (28# skid plate).
All of my known yellow stickers and VINs have matched the calculator. So I am not anticipating a change.

wrgrimes

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine has been in production for about 10 days. My blend date is today so I don’t expect an update for a few days.
On 10/11, my build week was changed to 10/24. I have not known where to find blend dates. I only use the tracker app from the Ford emails.
Certainly was not really expecting a payload today.
I am watching dates because I have a lease car to buy, re-title & register, and sell or negotiate trade in. BMW does not allow 3rd party buy out of lease☹

golong93

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 SCrew F-150 FX4, 23 Lariat BAP SCrew ordered
On 10/11, my build week was changed to 10/24. I have not known where to find blend dates. I only use the tracker app from the Ford emails.
I am watching dates because I have a lease car to buy, re-title & register, and sell or negotiate trade in. BMW does not allow 3rd party buy out of lease☹
If you have your window sticker you can find your blend date at the top of it.

Sponsored

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
If you have equity to capture, I'd get a quote from BMW dealers to buy the car the car and write you a check. In my state, I would have had to pay sales tax on the purchase and that would have eaten up my proceeds

wrgrimes

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you have equity to capture, I'd get a quote from BMW dealers to buy the car the car and write you a check. In my state, I would have had to pay sales tax on the purchase and that would have eaten up my proceeds
I’m in Louisiana buying in TX. Dealer will take care of LA taxes.
I will talk to BMW dealer to look for work around. My current options- buy lease and pay around $4K in taxes with registration. If Ford dealer match won’t buy out for trade in, I recoup the $4k by reducing the sales price. If I find another dealer that wants to buy, I can do a pass through trade in. I have done before- other dealer gives my dealer a certified check to immediately buy my BMW.
I tested the Kelly Blue book purchase deal- 2 dealers offered $4-5k above my buy out.

Reactions: 869

wrgrimes

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you have your window sticker you can find your blend date at the top of it.
Blend 220221029
I don’t know what the extra leading 2 is.
Blend means actually putting the pieces together and build?
Either I am ahead of schedule or Ford is calculating payloads.

hedge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F350
sadly... I fully expect even if our trucks are built this week that they will likely be on chip hold for a while like the 22s. Not really sure what Ford's method is but seems pretty unfair to give the chips to '23s when there are trucks that have been waiting.

@wrgrimes: good guess, yes 4wd and fx4. PS: same blend date as you

PSS: I'm still not seeing anything in my 'modules' file, Is anyone else?

Last edited:

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I’m in Louisiana buying in TX. Dealer will take care of LA taxes.
I will talk to BMW dealer to look for work around. My current options- buy lease and pay around $4K in taxes with registration. If Ford dealer match won’t buy out for trade in, I recoup the $4k by reducing the sales price. If I find another dealer that wants to buy, I can do a pass through trade in. I have done before- other dealer gives my dealer a certified check to immediately buy my BMW.
I tested the Kelly Blue book purchase deal- 2 dealers offered $4-5k above my buy out.
Okay, cool.

I had 2 infiniti SUV's on lease and this no 3rd party assisted buy out pisses me off. I know they aren't the only ones but I'm not going back to them (or one of their dealers) after they way they handled the end-of-lease experience.
Sponsored