Sponsored

4" BDS Lift on 35's and other Misc. things so far.

SanJuanTech

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT FX4 3.5 302A w/Max Tow
Purchased my truck in April of 2021 and thus far my mods are a 4" BDS lift running BFG 35x12.5 on 18" Fuel Vapor wheels. I ordered the 4" coil over but that is still on back order so have just did the base strut lift for now and will add the front FOX 2.0 performance series IFP gas shocks and coils when that comes in.
I have also installed a Pace Edwards UltraGroove Tonneau Cover and blacked out the front and rear Ford logos and added front ceramic window tinting.
Other small things coming soon would be to either hyper-dip the Ecoboost logo and the side F-150 emblems.
Next big upgrade will be the MagnaFlow black tip exhaust, moving the exit to the front of the rear wheel.
Ford F-150 4" BDS Lift on 35's and other Misc. things so far. IMG_8169

Ford F-150 4" BDS Lift on 35's and other Misc. things so far. IMG_8170

Ford F-150 4" BDS Lift on 35's and other Misc. things so far. IMG_8171

Ford F-150 4" BDS Lift on 35's and other Misc. things so far. IMG_8172

Ford F-150 4" BDS Lift on 35's and other Misc. things so far. IMG_8174

Ford F-150 4" BDS Lift on 35's and other Misc. things so far. IMG_8165

Ford F-150 4" BDS Lift on 35's and other Misc. things so far. IMG_8161

Ford F-150 4" BDS Lift on 35's and other Misc. things so far. IMG_8167
Sponsored

OP
OP
SanJuanTech

SanJuanTech

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How did you black out your ford ovals?
Just used the vinyl overlays for now. Will see how they last. But thinking about using the spray tint next time. But the vinyl overlays are really easy and look great.
You can find them on Etsy or click here

MTNMN

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (2022 F-150 King Ranch On Order)
Does the 4" BDS require alterations tot he frame of the vehicle or is it all bolt on?

Sponsored

OP
OP
SanJuanTech

SanJuanTech

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Does the 4" BDS require alterations tot he frame of the vehicle or is it all bolt on?
To the frame, no. nothing had to be modified for that. The differential relocation was the only thing I know of. My cousin installed it at his offroad shop and I was not there for it all.

Photonicc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Hows the riding quality with the standard BDS 4 inch strut lift ? Compared to stock? Is it bumpier or still goes over bumps smoothly?

OP
OP
SanJuanTech

SanJuanTech

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hows the riding quality with the standard BDS 4 inch strut lift ? Compared to stock? Is it bumpier or still goes over bumps smoothly?
IMO, there is not much difference at all. It is still amazingly smooth and quiet going down the road and even better offroad. I get the front CO's installed tomorrow so very anxious to see if that makes it even better.

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
IMO, there is not much difference at all. It is still amazingly smooth and quiet going down the road and even better offroad. I get the front CO's installed tomorrow so very anxious to see if that makes it even better.
Looking forward to your opinion about the coil overs . . . .nice truck!

Sponsored

Photonicc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Looking forward to your opinion about the coil overs . . . .nice truck!
Yup, Ill check back with you and your opinions to see if it's worth getting the coilover kit instead of the strut spacer

OP
OP
SanJuanTech

SanJuanTech

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sorry for the late reply, Got the CO's installed and then my truck was scheduled to go in to dealership for regular maintenance and to address current recalls and the OTA update issue which did not work but that is covered in other forums.
So yes adding the CO's IMO made a big difference in the soothing out the front end over just the strut spacers. I have not taken it offroad yet, but just driving around town on some rough roads is much more pleasant.
I am hoping to go camping the weekend of the 23rd, at which time I will take it offroad and put the to the test.

Photonicc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Sorry for the late reply, Got the CO's installed and then my truck was scheduled to go in to dealership for regular maintenance and to address current recalls and the OTA update issue which did not work but that is covered in other forums.
So yes adding the CO's IMO made a big difference in the soothing out the front end over just the strut spacers. I have not taken it offroad yet, but just driving around town on some rough roads is much more pleasant.
I am hoping to go camping the weekend of the 23rd, at which time I will take it offroad and put the to the test.

do you have the DSC adjustment feature as well? Is it worth?