Sponsored

XLT 302A vs Lariat 501A

xiaowudao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Can anyone help me figure out all the differences between XLT 302A and Lariat 501A? The main things I'm seeing are that the Lariat has different grill, digital cluster screen, and leather seats. Is there anything else I'm missing?
Might change my order down to the 302A if so... since its about a 7-8k price difference here in Canada.
Sponsored

billybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A, 2012 Focus SEL
Occupation
EE
I'm in the same situation. Couple more items on my list cooled seats, copilot assist, 4x4 auto mode. It also opens up so moire optional features not available on the xlt, unleashed sound, active drive prep, and some other things.

ilkhan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Escape Limted
4A, power folding/extend mirrors. Soft open tailgate. Cooled seats. Cloth/leather.

OP
OP

xiaowudao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm in the same situation. Couple more items on my list cooled seats, copilot assist, 4x4 auto mode. It also opens up so moire optional features not available on the xlt, unleashed sound, active drive prep, and some other things.
Ohhh right thanks I forgot about those! Still unsure if all that is worth it hmmm....

OP
OP

xiaowudao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4A, power folding/extend mirrors. Soft open tailgate. Cooled seats. Cloth/leather.
I think XLT 302A does get soft open tailgate since remote tailgate is listed in the B&P.

Sponsored

billybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE
I think they all have a soft open tailgates now but not full power up/down?

SJLCJL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX4, 2017 Mustang GT Premium
B&O Sound System, Universal Garage Door Opener.. And the other stuff above.. :)

OP
OP

xiaowudao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Speculating here.. do you guys think it'll be possible to swap the XLT instrument cluster to the full digital one in the lariat later on? I've seen some 2015-2020 youtube videos where people swap out their clusters..

billybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE
Speculating here.. do you guys think it'll be possible to swap the XLT instrument cluster to the full digital one in the lariat later on? I've seen some 2015-2020 youtube videos where people swap out their clusters..
At this point we don't know but I'd guess with FORscan and some time it would be possible.

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I have no idea if it was this forum or the other one, but someone shared a pamphlet that showed all the features that were waterfalled down to lower trims for the 21s vs the previous gen. Of note to me (because it was NOT available on my 2017 XLT 302a) was the BLIS and the B&O. Those are now part of XLT 302A or at least *available*.

BUT that garage door opener annoyed me! Why make me get extra chamberlain remotes, grrr... (bought a programmable one from amazon anyway). Rear heated seats also was not available, much to my kid's chagrins. I don't know if that waterfalled down to XLT this year...

ilkhan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Escape Limted
I have no idea if it was this forum or the other one, but someone shared a pamphlet that showed all the features that were waterfalled down to lower trims for the 21s vs the previous gen. Of note to me (because it was NOT available on my 2017 XLT 302a) was the BLIS and the B&O. Those are now part of XLT 302A or at least *available*.

BUT that garage door opener annoyed me! Why make me get extra chamberlain remotes, grrr... (bought a programmable one from amazon anyway). Rear heated seats also was not available, much to my kid's chagrins. I don't know if that waterfalled down to XLT this year...
AFAIK rear heated seats requires all the way up to 502A. Not available below that. Was that way for 2020, and B&P still requires the jump to 502A to get it.

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-150, 2020 Chevy Corvette, 2016 Ford Focus
Occupation
Assembler
Homelink is on 302A package for 2021... guess all you guys were looking up at Visors like I was for videos lol ? ?

bosro

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150
Personally if/when I order it's either a 302A or 502A.
The only thing the 302A doesn't have is a heated steering wheel....which you need 502A to get.
Anything else available in 501A doesn't really interest me.
Last time I priced out a 302A vs 502A Supercab it was 8k difference.
I'm not sure I can justify in my head 8k for a heated steering wheel.
Yeah some of the other stuff that comes with it is good but I've been surviving with a 302A for 4 years already.
I like the tailgate step too....which on 502A automatically gives you power tailgate....which I dont want.
4A....dont need it but it would be nice.
Leather seats....nice for clean up but not really needed.
Bang for buck the 302A is a no brainer for me,missing only a heated steering wheel.
But no one has ever said I was smart?

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I’m not sure if it matters to you or not but the LED headlights on the Lariat and above trim levels are different than the LED headlights on the 302A equipped XLT’s.

Th best way to see what the differences are and what extra features you’re paying for, go on the Ford website and under the B&P section, pull up the 501A Lariat package and then pull up the XLT 302A package on another device or computer.

Whatever is included in the 501A package that’s not on the 302A package and excluding the leather interior and the better LED headlights, that’s what you’re paying extra for.

As another poster mentioned, only Lariats and above get the 4A option when 4X4 is added to the vehicle.
Sponsored