4/26 Build Week

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
With so many delivery dates being pushed out, I check the status a couple times a day, I think I need help. ? The suspense is killing me.?

My delivery is still showing 5/22. Dealership closed Sundays and my sales guy off Monday and Tuesday. ?

I can't believe how much miscommunication goes on with this process. Can't believe Ford does not have a real track and trace by vin for their end customers including us living in Canada. No matter what shopfloor or erp systems they are running, they should easily be able to build a customer interface. Giving orders clear to build and still having BOM shortages add that little bit of info to the tracker.
Sponsored

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
Man you guys freaking me out! So i checked. Mine still says May 10th!! what does it mean when it is PAST the ETA end?

F150 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Paint Horse
With so many delivery dates being pushed out, I check the status a couple times a day, I think I need help. ? The suspense is killing me.?

My delivery is still showing 5/22. Dealership closed Sundays and my sales guy off Monday and Tuesday. ?

I can't believe how much miscommunication goes on with this process. Can't believe Ford does not have a real track and trace by vin for their end customers including us living in Canada. No matter what shopfloor or erp systems they are running, they should easily be able to build a customer interface. Giving orders clear to build and still having BOM shortages add that little bit of info to the tracker.
I hope your date holds cghall. Today was like a dagger to the heart, I have been telling myself it won't be here in time, but the hope is what killed me. Knowing its' definite no go for 5/20 makes mad as hell.

Sfortener

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 escape 1999 f250 2021 f150
Man you guys freaking me out! So i checked. Mine still says May 10th!! what does it mean when it is PAST the ETA end?
Join the club. There are a lot from mid March through April that are like this. All these updates that people are seeing go to August makes me mad/sad for them. Mine is still stuck on April 13th, so I’m guessing that the Christmas present I bought myself last year will be here this Christmas..........hopefully

nukedukem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I imagine there is a plant manager somewhere with a spreadsheet containing every truck status, and that is the only official record Ford has at this point.

Their current system was not designed to track the status of trucks manufactured with missing parts, sitting in parking lots across the state. Normally a vehicle would never be manufactured until all the parts are ready.

Now if we could just get Ford to post that spreadsheet to google drive...

Sponsored

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
Join the club. There are a lot from mid March through April that are like this. All these updates that people are seeing go to August makes me mad/sad for them. Mine is still stuck on April 13th, so I’m guessing that the Christmas present I bought myself last year will be here this Christmas..........hopefully
Well there is major implications if this truck gets delayed to August for me. It means i will need to cancel the order and then cancel my RV that has already been built and waiting at the dealer. I am sure the RV dealer wont mind since RV's are selling like hot cakes.

I have a down on teh cybertruck and i am excited to see the lightning, so might put a down payment on that tomorrow. Dont really need a truck/car at the moment, and the purchase was ONLY for the RV.... so its kinda saving me money! Lol!.. very disappointing as i wanted to RV this year so badly !!

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I imagine there is a plant manager somewhere with a spreadsheet containing every truck status, and that is the only official record Ford has at this point.

Their current system was not designed to track the status of trucks manufactured with missing parts, sitting in parking lots across the state. Normally a vehicle would never be manufactured until all the parts are ready.

Now if we could just get Ford to post that spreadsheet to google drive...
I work in the manufacturing sector, sadly I have witnessed way too many multi-billion $ businesses running their operations off excel files. Most of these companies only upgrade to something like SAP or Oracle when their hands are tied and have no choice but to implement a real system due to regulatory compliance like FDA, ITAR, SOX etc.

RayRay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT SPORT SCAB 302A 2.7
I was afraid to check but I just did and I’m still at 5-19. Obviously that’s not going to happen but I’m glad it didn’t change yet.
Window sticker is still gone.

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
You guys have me hesitant to even check the tracking now. But one thought, we know nothing else has been right on the tracking site, I wonder if we should even any credibility to that updated date or is that just something so far out that Ford puts in, that they know it will be delivered before that time.

Sponsored

Davidba

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Audi Q7, 2016 Honda Civic
Occupation
self employed
Well, my dealer called me today and said my truck would be in next week May 27th. I checked the tracker here and sure enough... it was holding at May 26th. Then I checked again just now - and it changed to August 20th. I ordered on Jan 28th, original build date on April 28th, then May 6th.
I will wait things out next week on the off-chance the dealer is right and this tracker is wrong, but I think i am in the "waiting for parts in a parking lot" club. If that is the case, I'm pulling the chute - no truck is worth waiting 7 -8 months for.

F150 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Paint Horse
I am not sure I want this truck anymore. Now that I know I am missing/waiting on parts it worries me 1000X more than if it would have just came off the line and shipped.

People mentioned that a 3rd party will be installing the missing parts and that sounds sketchy and scary. I know Ford is going to warranty everything, but I don't want to have to deal with missing parts or issues due to missing parts right out of the gate.

This is not a cheap truck and I hate spending sooo much with so many unknowns. Needless to say I am not happy and my dealer is going to have to find a way to keep me as a customer. We already started off on the wrong foot with him leaving off some items from the first order.

Voodoo is not a happy camper right now.

I am not letting myself even worry about the vacation I need this truck for just yet.

Hennessy

First Name
VV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum Powerboost
I am not sure I want this truck anymore. Now that I know I am missing/waiting on parts it worries me 1000X more than if it would have just came off the line and shipped.

People mentioned that a 3rd party will be installing the missing parts and that sounds sketchy and scary. I know Ford is going to warranty everything, but I don't want to have to deal with missing parts or issues due to missing parts right out of the gate.

This is not a cheap truck and I hate spending sooo much with so many unknowns. Needless to say I am not happy and my dealer is going to have to find a way to keep me as a customer. We already started off on the wrong foot with him leaving off some items from the first order.

Voodoo is not a happy camper right now.

I am not letting myself even worry about the vacation I need this truck for just yet.
I am sure a lot of people who ordered trucks in Jan/Feb/Mar feel the same way. In about a month or two the Apr/May crowd will feel the same. Basically the perfect storm (great movie btw).

ddsag09

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Platinum Powerboost
My 4/28 Blend date truck just updated to 8/20 delivery. I'm furious.

OP
OP

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
I'm stuck waiting for this truck. I got like $8k off MSRP with all the rebates, dealer incentives, etc. There's no way I'm gonna get anything like that in the current truck shortage market. It pisses me off that I'll be giving Ford my money but it is what it is. I was thinking to buy an extended warranty on the truck but I'm definitely buying one now. Especially with all the rumors of third party workers finishing the trucks, having mine sit outside for 2+ months, the axle rust issues, etc.
Sponsored