Sponsored

Power Rear Window. a must or nice to have?

King Luis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo XC60 and 23' Tremor 5.0 ordered.
Thoughts on the power sliding rear window? Is this a must have or a nice to have?

My local dealer has a Tremor I like but it doesn't have the 5.0 or rear window options. I think I can settle for the 3.5 but is the rear window something I'm going to regret not having? Should I just do a custom 2024 order?
Sponsored

Chilidog

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, Lariat, 5.0, Fx4, 502A, Carbonized Gray
Thoughts on the power sliding rear window? Is this a must have or a nice to have?

My local dealer has a Tremor I like but it doesn't have the 5.0 or rear window options. I think I can settle for the 3.5 but is the rear window something I'm going to regret not having? Should I just do a custom 2024 order?
I love the sliding rear window. I especially like it on the highway because you can have the front windows down slightly and you do not get the wind noise and the cab fills up with cool, moving air and goes out the back.

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
I've had 2 F150s with and 2 without.

This one is the first that is powered.

I use it, I like it but it isn't a must have.

I've heard of some complain of leaks and rattles but I haven't spent much time on washboards yet so, I don't have those problems at the moment.

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
That's why I like it. I can crack it open on the highway as opening a side window in the back doesn't work due to the shades on them for the kiddos. That and the one doesn't like his window open but the center window doesn't bother him.

I had my tonneau cover rolled up last week and I opened my window and the rear window and it sucked all the dirt and dust out of my bed and pulled it through the cab and out my window. So watch out for that!

oncechance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, 302A, FX4, 3.5 EB, 6.5', Max Tow
"I had my tonneau cover rolled up last week and I opened my window and the rear window and it sucked all the dirt and dust out of my bed and pulled it through the cab and out my window. So watch out for that!"

I can relate. I hauled mulch once and opened the back window and all the debris came in the cab.

Sponsored

ChemGuy

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Sport 5.0
Occupation
Reactor Operator

Had a power slider in my 12th gen, don't have one in the 14th gen. The only one who cares is our dog lol.

Curious why you're willing to "settle" on the 3.5 and question a rear window though? If I was looking for a specific engine spec I feel like that would be more important than a sliding rear window.

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 4x4 SuperCrew / 2020 Expedition MAX 4x4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
For me, it is a must. The three trucks I have owned all had sliding rear windows. The first one, 1985 did not from the factory but I added it. I love to be able to leave it open in the summer to keep the truck cooler. This is my first power rear window and that is a game changer. I do have the moon roof and like to open the back window while cracking open the moon roof. Quieter than opening the side windows.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
Love the power sliding rear window for the reasons already mentioned. Additionally, it’s nice to be able to put stuff through the window like lumber and whatnot.
Opening the rear window sometimes offers better visibility, too.

OP
OP
King Luis

King Luis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Had a power slider in my 12th gen, don't have one in the 14th gen. The only one who cares is our dog lol.

Curious why you're willing to "settle" on the 3.5 and question a rear window though? If I was looking for a specific engine spec I feel like that would be more important than a sliding rear window.
ya, it's weird. i guess i'm fine with the 3.5 as i can get the truck within a week or so if i wanted it. for the 5.0, i'd have to custom order it and have to wait a few months for it.

Sponsored

F150 hopefull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
not a must have in my opinion. However I highly suggest sending Granger your own build. I think you will save your self about 8k. and they are straight shooters. Great experience.

Don't just rely on this post though. There are many many folks that have, or had, the same experience as me.

My 23 Lariat MSRP was 79k I walked out the door at 66k.

OP
OP
King Luis

King Luis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
not a must have in my opinion. However I highly suggest sending Granger your own build. I think you will save your self about 8k. and they are straight shooters. Great experience.

Don't just rely on this post though. There are many many folks that have, or had, the same experience as me.

My 23 Lariat MSRP was 79k I walked out the door at 66k.
I'd love to contact them and get things done. But i'm in Canada so no way they can help me. i think i might be buying a tremor in the next couple weeks. just need to see how things look for the 2024s.

F150 hopefull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I'd love to contact them and get things done. But i'm in Canada so no way they can help me. i think i might be buying a tremor in the next couple weeks. just need to see how things look for the 2024s.
are you saying there is a law in Candida that prevents you from buying a truck from the US?

wouldn't surpise me but seems odd. Just need to register it in your province I would think.

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
are you saying there is a law in Candida that prevents you from buying a truck from the US?

wouldn't surpise me but seems odd. Just need to register it in your province I would think.
Some fee's in it, I believe. They are also kilometers and not miles so It changes some things as well as potentially some lighting and crash certification differences. I live in MN and I looked into it briefly as sometimes their used trucks are a lot cheaper due to conversion rates and what not, but it seemed like a headache.

OP
OP
King Luis

King Luis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@F150 hopefull, basically what @Chili said.
Also Granger (on the forums here) said they can't sell to Canada. Not to mention that with the currency rate, i'd probably pay 5k extra (or about the same price with Granger discount) then have to pay Canadian tax on the new vehicle and any fees to change things over. Not worth it in the end. (plus a couple hundred bucks worth of gas to drive it home)
Sponsored