Sponsored

2021 F150 Grills

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat, Mustang, Audi S5
Is it weird that I like the STX grill better than the models I'm actually interested in?

Ford F-150 2021 F150 Grills Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 2.00.22 PM

Ford F-150 2021 F150 Grills Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 2.00.37 PM

Ford F-150 2021 F150 Grills Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 2.00.48 PM

Ford F-150 2021 F150 Grills Image 2-4-21 at 2.02 PM
Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
That STX Grille is a goood loooking grille, especially for the units with painted bumpers.

But, I believe the base XLT is the best looking of the bunch for units with chrome bumpers, like mine will be.
Not really too fond of the XLT "Chrome" with the chrome horizontal centers.
But I like a little chrome on the truck
I was very explicit when I went looking for an XLT Ranger
Wanted the chrome grille and bumpers.

Ford F-150 2021 F150 Grills XLT Grille

I originally wanted two tone paint. But then I found out that in order to keep the chrome bumpers, I had to order the "Chrome" package.
Makes no sense to me---order an XLT to get the chrome bumpers, but have to order an extra package to keep the chrome bumpers on a 2-tone. Charge for the 2-tone and then charge 8x to keep the bumpers----NOPE

Considering buying the Tremor/Raptor hood and Tremor Grille later on.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
The way Ford orchestrates what the final product looks like is beyond frustrating. They have a very decent spread of variations that cater to almost all desires but they don’t let you have Exactly what you want.

If you’re paying full price AND having to wait months for your new vehicle, you should be able to design it exactly how you want.

The STX grille is the best. Some might put the more expensive models’ grilles above it but it’s definitely near the top. But if you want that nice grille(that almost everyone wants) you can forget about pretty much every single New feature these guys came up with as well as simple options that should be standard in 2021.
No 12” screen. No LED headlights. Heck you can’t even get a remote start.

Then you got the very sweet Lariat where if you get the SPORT model you got brown parts on the interior. When did brown ever become a Sporty colour??

I got the XLT and I didn’t really want all that extra Chrome but guess what; if you want the 302A pack, which is required for the remote start and 12” screen(stuff the wife “needs”), you’re gonna get the chrome buddy. All of it.

Getting a custom-ordered and brand new F150 should be one of life’s greatest moments. Ford has completely ruined it for me to the point that I just let my wife take full control of the building process in exchange for a pass to get a new sports car this summer.
But I swear to god when this truck arrives and I share pictures on this forum you guys are gonna think I’m Clint Eastwood or some other older buckaroo that spends half the year sleeping and the other half tanning in the Caribbean.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Btw, the absolute cheapest 2021 f150(base XL) has the same bumper as the XLT Sport which is substantially more expensive. And I personally think that Lariat grille in all variations is the worst. I’m not saying it is, that’s just my personal opinion. Ford is doing us all dirty. Someone needs to start a poll for most desirable 2021 grille

Sponsored

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Lol, I second the rant on the brown/red “sport “ interior. When I saw it in person it wasn’t as bad, but what’s wrong with just black? It did help make my mind up to wait on the Tremor along with the fact that I can get it in silver.

My perfect F150 looks wise. Tremor: hood, front bash plate, rear bumper/exhaust, running boards. Limited: gray/black interior. 20” dark graphite “sport” upgraded wheels from the lariat/XLT’s. Oh, and for $40k.

kwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Cherokee, 2021 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Corporate Finance
If you gave everyone the option to customize their truck exactly the way they wanted you would be waiting years rather than months for your truck to arrive. Less customization = automated and efficient assembly lines.

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Screw, 6.5’, 3.5 EB
I got the XLT and I didn’t really want all that extra Chrome but guess what; if you want the 302A pack, which is required for the remote start and 12” screen(stuff the wife “needs”), you’re gonna get the chrome buddy. All of it.
XLT 302 sport. No chrome. Problem solved.

I’m curious why you are buying a new Ford truck.... I read about the door problems you’ve had on your past model. I see how much disdain you have for Ford as a corporation. I think just about every post of yours i read is negative. Waiting forever for a truck you don’t want, from a company you don’t like that has screwed you in the past? I just don’t get it... there are other full sized truck options and I’m genuinely curious why you are buying one.

please don’t take this the wrong way. I’m not trying to pick a fight or argue about how awesome the new F150 is. I’m genuinely just curious why you are buying one.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
XLT 302 sport. No chrome. Problem solved.

I’m curious why you are buying a new Ford truck.... I read about the door problems you’ve had on your past model. I see how much disdain you have for Ford as a corporation. I think just about every post of yours i read is negative. Waiting forever for a truck you don’t want, from a company you don’t like that has screwed you in the past? I just don’t get it... there are other full sized truck options and I’m genuinely curious why you are buying one.

please don’t take this the wrong way. I’m not trying to pick a fight or argue about how awesome the new F150 is. I’m genuinely just curious why you are buying one.
It’s weird you say that. My original 2021 order was an XLT 302a sport. Switched out the sport to avoid the new fold down shifter because of the risk factor.

You’re the first person to question why I’m getting a new 2021 f150 while talking so much trash about Ford.

I got my first pick up truck in 2018, it was a brand new XLT.
3 years later and a mountain of bad experiences, it was nice to have all that interior space, load almost anything into it at anytime(giant rolls of dusty fabric into the truck bed to keep the interior clean or a new 75” tv upright in the backseat area in the rain) and being able to drive over almost anything. I’ve only had sports cars since I started driving so this new feel, especially at my older age, was just plain awesome.
Fast forward to a few months ago, the wife insists this truck must go, after having to hold the door shut for 15-20mins until the truck decided it was warm enough to stay closed. Went to order the Tesla truck but was told we realistically wouldn’t get it until summer of 2022, if we were lucky.
The hunt began.
Sierra looks great on the outside but the interior was very early 2000’s-like.
I will never buy a Dodge or Chrysler vehicle. Unless it’s a manual-shift challenger.
Tundra is great but wife doesn’t like how much it lacks.
Nissan? Honda? What else is there?
Fords got a new design that we can get within a couple of months. That’s it brother. That’s your answer.
Im getting a new F150 because the Tesla truck will take too long and everything else just won’t cut it.
I must add, MY F150 has been a total let down but friends, family, coworkers and anyone else I’ve talked to about their F150 didn’t have the same issues as mine. And it’s a good looking truck.

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Screw, 6.5’, 3.5 EB
It’s weird you say that. My original 2021 order was an XLT 302a sport. Switched out the sport to avoid the new fold down shifter because of the risk factor.

You’re the first person to question why I’m getting a new 2021 f150 while talking so much trash about Ford.

I got my first pick up truck in 2018, it was a brand new XLT.
3 years later and a mountain of bad experiences, it was nice to have all that interior space, load almost anything into it at anytime(giant rolls of dusty fabric into the truck bed to keep the interior clean or a new 75” tv upright in the backseat area in the rain) and being able to drive over almost anything. I’ve only had sports cars since I started driving so this new feel, especially at my older age, was just plain awesome.
Fast forward to a few months ago, the wife insists this truck must go, after having to hold the door shut for 15-20mins until the truck decided it was warm enough to stay closed. Went to order the Tesla truck but was told we realistically wouldn’t get it until summer of 2022, if we were lucky.
The hunt began.
Sierra looks great on the outside but the interior was very early 2000’s-like.
I will never buy a Dodge or Chrysler vehicle. Unless it’s a manual-shift challenger.
Tundra is great but wife doesn’t like how much it lacks.
Nissan? Honda? What else is there?
Fords got a new design that we can get within a couple of months. That’s it brother. That’s your answer.
Im getting a new F150 because the Tesla truck will take too long and everything else just won’t cut it.
I must add, MY F150 has been a total let down but friends, family, coworkers and anyone else I’ve talked to about their F150 didn’t have the same issues as mine. And it’s a good looking truck.
Thanks. Your logic makes sense to me. Basically, It’s a good looking truck and it’s the best thing going that is available at the moment and I’m with you on dodge/Chrysler products. My dad worked for GM up until about 20 years ago and we had some dogs of GM products in the 80’s and 90’s. but, we got good discounts so we weren’t buying anything else and never a Ford!

bought a 2016 f150 sport in 2018 after the rental company gave me one for a week while getting my Subaru fixed. driving that F150 for a week was all it took. I wanted the longer box, adaptive cruise and that oh so big infotainment screen So ordered the 21. I have a recall already, my rear end is a little rusty and the gas mileage doesn’t seem great but its a good looking truck that rides nice and quiet. Nothing is perfect but it’s pretty darn good.

my dad passed away about 12 years ago so he never saw a Ford in my driveway. He’d probably still tell me to get the POS Ford out of his driveway If I stopped by their house. but, I think he’d be pretty impressed with it, but never actually say he was.

Sponsored

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Thanks. Your logic makes sense to me. Basically, It’s a good looking truck and it’s the best thing going that is available at the moment and I’m with you on dodge/Chrysler products. My dad worked for GM up until about 20 years ago and we had some dogs of GM products in the 80’s and 90’s. but, we got good discounts so we weren’t buying anything else and never a Ford!

bought a 2016 f150 sport in 2018 after the rental company gave me one for a week while getting my Subaru fixed. driving that F150 for a week was all it took. I wanted the longer box, adaptive cruise and that oh so big infotainment screen So ordered the 21. I have a recall already, my rear end is a little rusty and the gas mileage doesn’t seem great but its a good looking truck that rides nice and quiet. Nothing is perfect but it’s pretty darn good.

my dad passed away about 12 years ago so he never saw a Ford in my driveway. He’d probably still tell me to get the POS Ford out of his driveway If I stopped by their house. but, I think he’d be pretty impressed with it, but never actually say he was.
Thanks for sharing that Mr. Spruce. Sorry about your dad, sounds like a solid dude. No matter what you drive he would be proud of the nice young man you are.
And I’m sure he’d be as shocked as myself with some of the wild stuff they got in the trucks today.
Hopefully that recall stuff gets handled properly. As much of a pain as these inconveniences are, I forgot to mention that if fate didn’t lead me to the 2021 f150 I would’ve never known about all the pleasant people on this forum.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I forgot to mention that if fate didn’t lead me to the 2021 f150 I would’ve never known about all the pleasant people on this forum.
I had no choice but come to Ford
GM nor Chrysler builds a 1/2 ext cab with an 8’ box. And I would have bought an old used one before conceding that desire

Not that that is a bad thing, after years of renting for extended periods, I was already leaning to the F150. The last couple of years of renting (2-3 mo at a time) was exclusively Ford. 90% of the time either an Expedition or an F 150.
Explorer was nice and maybe a car for her in the future.
( problems with hatch not opening in the cold tho on more than one car)
Did not care much for the smaller Edge at all.

Power Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Farmer
Nope..if I buy an XLT ill be adding stx grille. I lke tremor too but won't work w diff hood.

longbow42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A8L, Ford F150 Platinum PowerBoost
Nope..if I buy an XLT ill be adding stx grille. I lke tremor too but won't work w diff hood.
I have a Platty being built and hate all the chrome. Will most likely have wheels powder coated black and need to figure out what to do about the chrome grill. Har to believe that you can't have more wheel and grill options on the higher grades like a black out.