First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Hi everyone,
Bought new f150xlt 3 days ago and so far love it ,
one thing that annoys me is start/stop engine thing when I stop at light or stop sign.
I have remote start on my key but can't start it ,
Did anyone use ford app , what is that for anything useful....
Also can't wait to get new exhaust for 5.0L but nothing on the market yet ....
Sponsored

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Remote start key press: Lock, then remote start x2\

You can temporarily disable the auto stop/start. There is a button on the top of the center console to the left.

You can also buy an $80 bypass that you have to install behind the center console that will disable/enable the auto stop/start "permanently"....until your next service appointment.....

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I’ve rented a lot of these in the past, and kept them for a couple of months or better.
Get in, start car, push the auto start stop button.
Automatic reflex.
And if I do forget, I will push at the first stoplight when it dies.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
I’ve rented a lot of these in the past, and kept them for a couple of months or better.
Get in, start car, push the auto start stop button.
Automatic reflex.
And if I do forget, I will push at the first stoplight when it dies.
I am the exact same way just automatic like putting on the seatbelt. That said the auto start stop on this truck is actually very smooth. If I’m going through a drive thru or something I turn it off but regular lights it doesn’t bother my like previous vehicles.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Ok so I see nothing but hate all over these forums for auto stop/start, but it has always been one of my favorite things to know I'm not wasting gas. What is all the hate for? I'm sure there is a valid reason, it just may not be something that occurs to me. It seems very hated given folks have bought devices to disable it!

My only complaint would be that the A/C compressor can't run without the engine. Other than that, my gripe on the feature is that if you only inch forward before stopping again (like in a drive thru) it won't auto-stop. You have to go like minimum 5mph and then stop. I just hate polluting and ruining my MPG rating when the engine idles.

Genuinely curious!

Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I turn off the AS/S as soon as I start the truck. I usually turn it off after it’s warm, since in the city I can sit at a traffic light for up to 5min. I also turn it off when I pull into my driveway to park.

Today it was 79° and the AS/S turned itself back on while still at a traffic light for the A/C. It will also turn back on for the heat.

Icecoldak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 Limited
Auto start works 100% with ford APP--I dont know whats the problem is

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Auto start works 100% with ford APP--I dont know whats the problem is
We're talking about the auto ENGINE start/stop feature while driving, not the starting or scheduled starting via Fordpass app...

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Ok so I see nothing but hate all over these forums for auto stop/start, but it has always been one of my favorite things to know I'm not wasting gas. What is all the hate for? I'm sure there is a valid reason, it just may not be something that occurs to me. It seems very hated given folks have bought devices to disable it!

My only complaint would be that the A/C compressor can't run without the engine. Other than that, my gripe on the feature is that if you only inch forward before stopping again (like in a drive thru) it won't auto-stop. You have to go like minimum 5mph and then stop. I just hate polluting and ruining my MPG rating when the engine idles.

Genuinely curious!
The auto start/stop doesn't bother me either. Sometimes I will manually turn it off when the feeling moves me but it doesn't bother me at all.

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
I have used the FordPass app to start my vehicle too. It works well. The scheduling part of it works well too.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Grof

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

Genuinely curious!
I got you , it’s not hate just annoying thing .... what I notice it doesn’t shot down all the time no idea why , maybe engine must be hot or what ever reason. Did anyone experiment this ...

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired

Genuinely curious!

Tbanks10

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017F150 Lariot
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I got you , it’s not hate just annoying thing .... what I notice it doesn’t shot down all the time no idea why , maybe engine must be hot or what ever reason. Did anyone experiment this ...
I’ve been told there are about 100 variables that control the auto start/stop function. One thing I did notice on my 2017 F150 was that as the battery got older (4 years) that it kicked in a lot less frequently. The system would say engine on due to charging. So for those who dislike it just wait until your battery gets lower and it should occur much less frequently.

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Okay, I might have a reason??? If you are trying to beat the Chevy or Dodge in the next lane through a stop light or sign, you need all of the advantage you can get! Haha. So many people resist change!! Ole geezers can still remember a standard F100 (yep 100), started with 6 cylinder, stick shift and a heater. Might get an AM radio, beyond that EVERYTHING cost you. No leather, no auto tranny, no electric windows, air conditioning, if available, was expensive. Cigarette lighter was a small add on! Side view mirrors were extra. What was tint? No, Moses was older than me!

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance

Genuinely curious!
My driving habits pretty much keep me from city traffic, and the truck just shutting off annoys me. If I were closer to the city, or dealt with heavy traffic on a daily basis, I might develop a different opinion.
If I don’t shut it off before I’m out of the driveway, the truck has come up to temperature by the time I hit the first signal, and it gets shut off then.
Three signals in 30 miles is not worth shutting down for 30 seconds if I even hit them all red.
Sponsored